Heya guys, after trawling the forums and doing as much reasearch as possible on the little k11s i decided to join the forum and ask the questions i cannot find answers to without upsetting to many people. I am due to be getting a 52 plate coil pack 1.0 auto micra s on the road in approx febuary 2014. However i am likley to take ownership of it in a few months. My plan is to carry out most of the mods before i put her on the road so as to not interfere with my daily commute, however i have come across a few hurdles during my research.

I would like to free up the breathing with a few basic mods as follows: EBBDude style ga15 or similar TB, ga15 injectors, a p11 primera 1.6 airbox with green cotton filter, cg13 cams and frankspeed exaust manafold if avaliable, adj fuel pressure reg and uprated fuel pump. I am also considering a capacity and C/R increase by using 1.0l pistons on a 1.3L crankshaft. along with a suitable remap using a nistune board loaded with a 1.3 map modified to suit my modifications. A few cosmetic mods will folllow including tinted rear windows, coded rubstrip and bumper trims, window wind deflectors and hopefully flocked dash and door cards with some primera GTI seats (no fowling issues in reverse gear due to auto box). Also a FREE set of white 16" 5 spoke white momo wheels :). suspension, braking and cat back exhaust will then be tackled later on when money is less tight.

First hurdle - unfortunatley i think the TB on my car is the bosch unit with built in MAF and have no idea if the ga15 unit will be a suitable replacement. Also i beleive the auto box requires an aditional mechanism on the TB to work properly, which would mean finding a rather rare GA15auto TB. however i may be wrong.

Second hurdle - I cannot find a p11 (or other suitable) airbox anywhere in wiltshire.

Third Hurdle - I have read a few times that the N-cvt gearbox dosent cope very well with tuning, and a manual conversion isnt within budget. In peoples opinions would the box cope with the power from these mods? im expecting maybe around the 70-75bhp mark inc the 1.3conversion?

any help would be greatly appreciated. i will post some pics of her as soon as possible.

micra momos.jpg
micra momos.jpg

Have you driven her yet ???? My wife had one of them for a few years, more than capable little motor without the mods imo.
Keep her a couple of years, trade in for a 1'4 later on ??? that's what I would do.;)

Clodo

Club Member
Hello there :D

Nice alloys can't believe they were free :p

I agree with davyboy :) I'd drive her first, get a feel for her imo :)

Clodo
X

Have driven her a few times, problem is I ride a 120mph motorbike n my last motor was a rover 216 so im thinkin il get bored after a while. Im planin on keepin her for at least 5 years maybee more as my insurance is extortionate n I dont plan on swapping cars till this one is too dead to resuscitate.

Wheels were a donation from my little bro, he brought them for his corolla but couldent be bothered to fit the necessary longer studs. Luckily they will fit straight on the micra. Just need to make some spiggot rings up.

Am in melksham mate. Guessing your wilts aswell?

Lol. Small world! I used to be the sous chef at the crown in Devizes until begining of the month. I know who to call if I need help with the micra then lol

Have driven her a few times, problem is I ride a 120mph motorbike n my last motor was a rover 216 so im thinkin il get bored after a while. Im planin on keepin her for at least 5 years maybee more as my insurance is extortionate n I dont plan on swapping cars till this one is too dead to resuscitate.

Wheels were a donation from my little bro, he brought them for his corolla but couldent be bothered to fit the necessary longer studs. Luckily they will fit straight on the micra. Just need to make some spiggot rings up.

Am in melksham mate. Guessing your wilts aswell?
You're going to fall in love with her if you keep her that long, no bills and nothing on petrol ...... you'll love her alright.

Ha ha good. Iv worked out the fuel consumption on it to be about the same as my motorbike. Wear n tear wont be much either. Shes had the same tyres on for 4 years n passed mot every time lol

Lol. Small world! I used to be the sous chef at the crown in Devizes until begining of the month. I know who to call if I need help with the micra then lol

no you dont call me haha, im mechanically challenged! but if its gets modified highly ill be the bloke to call for pictures! a fair few micras around the area now, should have a big meet next year somewhen!