CMF_ScottJ

» CMF Member
Hey Guys,

Nice to be finally over on here from Scotland, alot of excellent information to read!

I Own a 1999 Blue Micra! Totally OEM and been in the family since new!

Only things ive added so far are OEM SI Fog Lights and a new Instrument Cluster!

Plan to keep it mint and OEM fresh til i get a bit more Driving experience behind me then maybe take it a bit further.

I was on MSC for a while and anyone familiar with it will hopefully remember my old thread of The Turtle SR20 track car. Unfortunaeatley due to rust it never got very far :(

Next on the list of to do things are to cut out the old rotten crossmember and weld in a shiny new one!

Ill get some pics up soon when the weather cheers up!

Thanks

CMF_ScottJ

» CMF Member
Probably should update this a bit eh

Well ive been busy lately sorting out the front lower crossmember

Stripped down the front end to reveal the rusty piece of sh*t. Although its a common problem over here, I have no idea how it got this bad considering the car has been garaged for all its days!

Anyway, this is what it looked like ;

P1050073.jpg

P1050074.jpg

Pretty impressive.

and heres the car with no front end awaiting its new panel being delivered.

P1050075.jpg

P1050076.jpg

And this morning I came home to find this sitting waiting ;

P1050077.jpg

I then started grinding back some rust and cleaning up spot welds before leaving it at that due to heavy rain :(

Should have the new panel welded in by Friday and can then get on with re-assembling the front end and i still need to wire in the passenger side foglight as I cant find the plug :(

The car should be back on the road by 11th May :)

Back