new member VIC

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
hey guys.

new guy here. love me a nice k11. the wife has told me last week that we are expecting our first kid, so im down grading. currently have a vx clubsport as my daily after jumping out of an r33. however im only doing 15 kms a day, so im on the look out for a super cheap k11 like 500 bucks cheap to fix up while i sell the clubby!

once its regod, the mods will start haha!

thanks for having me, and if you spot any around my price range in victoria let me know!

CMF_krnage

» CMF Member
welcome mate - i too did the trade "up" ;) to the k11 not long ago. but its a fun little car and gets me from west to city so its doing its job

mods - dont get me started, i wasn't/i am not planning on doing anything

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
haha. i suppose im going back to my jap roots so it is a trade up!

im only looking at minor mods, wheels suspension, breathing. no turbos or anything yet....

and with a kid coming i have to do it as cheap as humanly possible!

thanks for the welcome mate!

also if any of you guys are on skylines australia, im plattsy from there. been around that joint a while, but new to micras!

CMF_royale

» CMF Member
Micra is a demon in traffic.

I'm from western suburbs melb as well.

But i'm on the road a lot (sales) and the ease with which the micra gets the job done...economically is a godsend.

If I were to mod another K11 id definitely start with the suspension first. Turn the squishiness into something you can really lean on.

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
i have a guy who gives me great prices on suspension... lachlan at WA suspension. but..... its in wa. so freight kills me!

whaddda ya recommend? some shocks and 40 mm drop springs?

CMF_royale

» CMF Member
Any kind of drop you'd be looking at having to get an adjustable rear panhard rod.

Shoot a PM to NSM here on the forums. I believe he gets very good pricing on whiteline products.

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
Ok so I got one! Not an s like I hoped but a 2 door lx.

Got it for a steal, but it needs ALOT of work.

Has been sat for two years, covered in **** and filth. With a huge huntsman living in the boot.

Have it a quick wash and got it home. I've stripped the interior, jet washed everything and I'm currently waiting for it to dry to get it all back together!

Engine has 300km on it, battery was dead. We jumped it at the wreckers and it started first turn. Drive it around and apart from a bit of seized brakes, it was perfect!

Pics and updates to come!

Parts I need if anyone has them!

Hand brake cover, s model interior any of it!, rear right tail light, wheels and tyres, have some lovely tri spokes if anyone wants them!!!

And does anyone have any bumpers lying around?!

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
Were are you located mate?

Okay.... So front bumper is off, to many cracks to repair so won't bother. Just look for a cheap one. Drivers side cv boot is split. Timing chain is rattling like a good un, battery clamp has snapped and that's about all I can see.... Few spots of rust behind bumper but ill grind it out and paint it next weekend. But so far so good. I've had the engine running for a while now and it seems ok. Fingers crossed it's not as bad as I thought!

Back