new member / looking for bits

CMF_UFO-K11

» CMF Member
HI everyone - Im a brand new Australian Sydney member (UFO-K11) whose just recently bought a '95 lx and has already caught the k11 mod. bug !! - can anyone please help me source extractors (ive already put 2inch cat back/cannon) Also looking for advice on what air filter to use to replace the air box.Id like to fit a filter directly to the throttle body to hear that great induction noise.Now heres the tough one - Im trying to source a super s instument cluster with the tacho etc ????!! - if anyone can help Id be much appreciated - you can either reply to this or if you have something to sell please call me on 0414922209 and Ill call you back - thanks heaps - Malcolm.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Solution for tacho cluster...

Steal a Super S... Take the cluster. I was looking for one for 9 months but settled on a nice small aftermarket one to match the rest of my guages.

I have some extractors for sale, but they are sold pending payment.

The air filter will sound great just stuck onto your throttle body but will lose ALOT of performance. Get a piping system made up to mount the filter just behind the right hand headlight or even better, right infront of the engine (over the rocker cover) and you will get a lot of top end performance.

Sean

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Welcome Malcolm. The dark side has you firmly in its grip.
Cold air intake. Mate throw the standard set up out. buy some flex. tubing or you can use mainly metal/ plastic tubing and run it up to the front of the car across the engine and hang a decent pod filter off the end.Get the pod filter up to the front of the car and into as much cold air as possible. Get rid of the metal mesh which sits inside the air intake just above the air mass sensor as well. This is optional but a lot of us threw it away years ago and it must restrict the air flow to some degree. Its there we think to stop anything big going down the throttle body but hey what is the air filter for??
Sorry cannot help you re extractors but I am sure other members can. A few options around.

Back