New member looking for help

Hello all, I am new to the forum but have owned a 1990/H Micra auto for two years. My exhaust fell off last year(broke off at the front). had a new one fitted which has given me some grief as it keeps coming loose and blowing. I've had a mechanic look at it and he says that the gearbox mountings on the front and back of the engine are worn and that's causing the exhaust to work loose. The problem is, I am having great difficulty in finding any. Can anybody help? Thanks Jah.

yeah that can coarse it if you cant locate any mounts you can get a rubbery silicone stuff to fill them cant remember what they call it so ill let someone else answer that lol

ANY good autofactors' can get those mounts ordered in for you dude, they're around £30 brand new. The reason the exaust is comming loose is because it wasn't fitted properly. Check the u-clamp at the mid-joint is the right size for the pipe and that it isn't fully tightened (screwed all the way down the full length of the thread).
If it is fully tightened then it's too big for your pipe and isn't clamping it tight enough to keep the rear exhaust section from sliding out.
There also should be gun gum visable at that joint, if they haven't used any then that would be another possible cause together with the clamp.
It's worth checking that the correct exhaust mounts are fitted too as the wrong sized ones can prevent the exhaust from sitting properly.

Thanks for that porkpie700, I will get it checked.We had to go back to kwik-fit several times because it was knocking on the underside, so they had to heat it up and bend it to make it fit properly. They said it was because you cant get the proper shape one for a K10 anymore. Once they sorted that out, that's when it started coming loose.

They must have used the cheap Bosal make of pipe. They suck, they're too short and you have to bend the centre bracket, i'll certainly never use one again. Try genuine nissan dude, you can't beat em for quality.

Thanks porkpie, I'll remember that. Regarding these mounts, I've tried all the local autofactors without any luck, they say I need to go to nissan and get the part no so that they can cross reference and see if that brings anything up. I also spoke to the nissan dealer and he says he can get them but he wants to look at them first to make sure it's the right ones. Only snag is one is £73 and the other is £75. Not sure it's worth paying that much.

They're talking crap dude, the old fail-safe ebay may be of use.
The rear mount (1.2 version);
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-NISSAN-MICRA-REAR-ENGINE-MOUNT-1983-1993-/220786335967?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3367e420df

The rear mount (1.0 version);
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-NISSAN-MICRA-REAR-ENGINE-MOUNT-1983-1993-/220787920396?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3367fc4e0c

All i can say is that you must live in a crap area if you can't get hold of basic parts like that, you can pick em off the shelf from up here. Micra capitol of the world in west yorkshire bro :laugh:

Thanks porkpie, you may be right we do live in a crap area. I would have thought though that autofactors nationwide should be the same. I have tried them all round here and I get the same response everywhere. Thanks for the links though, that looks like the rear one, now I need to find the front one. Cheers Jah.(Y)

Back