• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

new facelift k11, project 'get low'

hello msc, my names david been a member a year or so now and started out with a k11 sr. unfortunately sold it and bought a beemer and then an astra but now im back to a s reg micra facelift equation. 1.0 and its ruddy great. cost me 200 quid n then an extra 200 on its m.o.t and a lot of swearing.

it was standard when i bought it less than a week ago, currently ive lowered it 75mm front and 70 rear, gloss black steelies and its lookin alright, blacked the grill aswell.

plans are

full s/s exhaust unsure as to what. or make my own decat n pair with a decent straight thfough back box.
air filter proberlies a almera box.
13' dished and wide wheels and stretched rubber.
spacers on the rear.
may strip the rear out undecided.

anyway pics will be added tomorrow of my progress

hey, im new and i liked the sound of wat uve done to your micra. ive got a k11 1.0 and was wondering where i can find a good back box for my car. how did u blacked the grill and any tips on how to tint back lights

hello, rallynuts do some janspeed ones as do matt humphries, hes on here search mph n see what he can. alternatively theres some all right universal ones kicking about on ebay. if i was you id go for a back box if its just sound your after. if your looking for performance go for a full system.

for the grill on the face lift theres 3 bolts that holds each side on from under the bonnet. simply unscrew them n paint them. for a pre facelift you have to take the full grill out and mask it off.

rear lights id use a fly eyes kit for a bout 20 quid or go to a window tint place and see what they advise.

Back