new exhaust

johnsams

MICRAPOWER!
Club Member
does anyone know if a backbox will affect the performance of the k11 much?

i got it for £30 from a mate, was on a saxo before... getting it fitted on friday morning, can't wait... so my original backbox would be for sale from then onwards if anyone is interested?

the tailpipe on the new one fits real snug in the original bumper hole aswell :)

:k11motors

*needpics*

thum_541547973ed133804.jpg
[/URL]

there it is, bargain for £30 i reckon

yeah i'm hoping it'll sound real nice with the induction kit coming tomorrow aswell!

doesnt really make a big diffrnace over std, you can only just tell it sounds diffrant. it will make the system more freer flowing.

Looks Really Nice, I've got a Cherry Bomb exhaust (Courtesy of Olly98) to fit to my K11, but I'm waiting for this tip to be delivered before I put it on.

4521479743dde7f52.jpg

to be honest fitting just the back box will hardly make any difference as the rest of the system is still 1.25" (guessing here lol) apart from making a nice sound (to some) it will do nothing at all. Try getting a 2" system from manifold onwards with a high flowcat and then you will see a difference especially if you get a equal lenth manifold.

just my opinion.

jabran

to be honest fitting just the back box will hardly make any difference as the rest of the system is still 1.25" (guessing here lol) apart from making a nice sound (to some) it will do nothing at all. Try getting a 2" system from manifold onwards with a high flowcat and then you will see a difference especially if you get a equal lenth manifold.

just my opinion.

jabran

yeah that'd be nice, i'll see how it goes with this and induction kit 1st, then sort the manifold out...

pjg1979, that tailpipe is real nice, are you just going to cut the bumper out abit?

:k11motors

oh yeah and, it is in real good con, the inside is abit dirty and a few scratches mainly underneath, thats it...hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to get it on there...and it sounded real nice on the saxo previously...

If your pipe is too big there will be no backpressure and the engine will drop BHP. A bigger pipe drops the speed of the gasses so they no longer get 'sucked' out of the exhaust ports.

Yeh I would say 2" would be too big (based on the standard bore being 1.25"). Personally I wouldnt increase the bore of the whole exhaust by more than 0.5" to maintain a suitable amount of back pressure as Ollyc98 mentioned.

If your pipe is too big there will be no backpressure and the engine will drop BHP. A bigger pipe drops the speed of the gasses so they no longer get 'sucked' out of the exhaust ports.

yeah, i can't imagine it changing anything too badly though apart from the noise, i guess i'll just have to wait till its fitted then see how it goes, only gotta wait till friday morning...

Raising this from the dead. I can confirm the above. 1.3 with a 1.0 gearbox. Pulled like a train from low end to rev limiter. Pic below is straight not downhill. Just a janspeed manifold and almera airbox. Fitted 41mm (same as janspeed 2-1 pipe) direct line to a straight flow backbox. Lost power everywhere. No need to dyno it. Top end is less +15kmh. Low poke is gone. It shooted extremely well from 2k onwards. Middle range is gone. It just feels a stock engine with no mods. Very disapointing. Back to cat. Will test. Then likely back to normal backbox if dyno shows less power.

Attachments

• 20200905_105749.jpg
    20200905_105749.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • 20200905_104905.jpg
    20200905_104905.jpg
    984 KB · Views: 97
  • 20200905_103345.jpg
    20200905_103345.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 96
Raising this from the dead. I can confirm the above. 1.3 with a 1.0 gearbox. Pulled like a train from low end to rev limiter. Pic below is straight not downhill. Just a janspeed manifold and almera airbox. Fitted 41mm (same as janspeed 2-1 pipe) direct line to a straight flow backbox. Lost power everywhere. No need to dyno it. Top end is less +15kmh. Low poke is gone. It shooted extremely well from 2k onwards. Middle range is gone. It just feels a stock engine with no mods. Very disapointing. Back to cat. Will test. Then likely back to normal backbox if dyno shows less power.
Screenshot_20200908-000047_Gallery.jpg

Back