new coat soon! and pics!

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
So today I was talking to my stores delivery guy and it turns out he has been buying cars, fixing em up and respraying em for years as a side job. And to top it off, he has a dedicated clean room in his 3 door garage...

After talking to him for a while I dropped the question and he said that if i scrub and prime the car, it'll cost me 500 and a bottle of booze for him, he buys the 2pac paint, clear coat etc and i will have the car back in a week!

He showed me some of his jobs and they look great so im over the moon about it. All i have to decide on is the colour now... and buy a new front and rear bumper...

only a month away i hope, just in time to take a holiday from work.

will finally post pics when done!

edit - karma on my side, i hope it isnt a case of "you get what you paid for" :)

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
ive seen pics on a forum... boostcrusing? Secret drift? where a guys offering cheep paint jobs he does him self at home... very good price and he had a few piks of cars he'd done like a green gemini and a vl? i think?

it might pay to hoon around to a few paint shops and see what the going rate for them to do it is and decide if its worth it.

CMF_kré

» CMF Member
might be slightly believable for a new coat of the original colour, but knowing the amount of work that goes into a proper spray job and colour change, definitely sounds too good to be true...

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
yeh xsoarerx, i decided to see what the 'not dodge' cost is and i think that im going to save for it instead cause, so far ive been quoted just over 5k for a real pro job if i can get body work done, and im happy to do it because i have a month of holiday pay i can use whenever.

I think it will be a great experience to get my hands dirty with the car and have the entire shell painted inside and out!

kind of long term though to actually get the cash together since I've already got the zorst and ecu happenin first. oh well :)

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
I got my old Z resprayed for $800 and that was after I fully prepped the body.

I also provided paint and primer, it was a backyard shed job so looked pretty good but to a pro you could see some small blemishes.

Pic after bodykit was fitted:

main.php

Back