New car.

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
well its official.

1999 Audi a3 quattro
silver
1.8 turbo
180bhp

i've test driven one the same (but didnt like the colour.) and a glanza and i have to say that the audi was better in every way accerleration was close really, starlet was probably slightly quicker but the audi just does it with so little effort and is so solid to drive. and then this one came up only 20 miles away from me for a good price + 80k is barely run in ;)

My friend has just sold his modified lupo and bought the s3 quattro 210bhp and i must say that i wasnt impressed with the performace, top end wise my almera could catch up! But off the line you cant beat 4wd

Overall tho the audi's have a good build qaulity

Check all the springs tho mate, they seem to snap easily on these...

unless its broken curtis o_O. The Glanza may have been close, but after 80 you would waste it easily, Glanza's dont have a lot of torque.

My friend has just sold his modified lupo and bought the s3 quattro 210bhp and i must say that i wasnt impressed with the performace, top end wise my almera could catch up! But off the line you cant beat 4wd

Overall tho the audi's have a good build qaulity

Check all the springs tho mate, they seem to snap easily on these...

that s3 might have had engine managment issues, comon on the s3's they usualy go like stink!, mine is 180 and is very quick 0-60 book speed is about 7.5 by memory, however a decent remap will up the power to about 220bhp! alot of the audi guys on the a3 forums just buy a 1.8t and have it remapped and its just as quick as the s3.
will take some pics tomoro :)

isnt it just the same as the golf gti?...would much rather have that with the 1.8 turbo not the audi.

Nice motor though, get it stage 2's and it'll be the nuts!

Here we go,

excuse the bad photography lol

audi3.jpg

audi2.jpg

Audi1.jpg

audi5.jpg

audi6.jpg

audi8.jpg

audi7.jpg

audi9.jpg

audi10.jpg

isnt it just the same as the golf gti?...would much rather have that with the 1.8 turbo not the audi.

Nice motor though, get it stage 2's and it'll be the nuts!

i've driven the gti, and i dont care what people say they are not the same, the engine may be the same but everything else is different, the audi is better built feels more solid. its a fair point i like the looks of the gti but pound for pound the audi is better value for money imo

oh and i'm insuring it myself now you wont believe this but i've been quoted the same as im paying for my micra now for next year! :)

Back