fraz_micra_88

Ex. Club Member
well guys im in a puzzel over what car to get in jan, here is my options

1. mini cooper 1
2. mg zs +
3. audi a3
4. 160 sr
5. suzuki grande vitara

im really dont know what one, i keep goin back and forward, does anyone have any suggestions of other cars?? looking for 1.6 nice shape and fun to drive, drove all of the above and loved them!!

cheers for any opinions and advice!!

fraz

Mini coopers - good at cornering but not V fast only come in 1.3 and 1.0 but great fun ! rarther expensive for a good one
A3 - drove one today in work...V fast 2.0 TDI
160SR - Nice car but i think looks ugly if not modded
MG - nice car not sure on insurance tho
Suzuki - personaly i think its a car directed at the females

insurance on them all is not a problem, im looking at the mg zs 110+ again simply because its a lovely looking car but am not sure...

I thought mini's were a 1.6. I learnt in one and had a few faults, like pedal covers falling off and other silly things.

Anyway out of that list i'd probably get um.. actually, none... Seat Cupra / Ibiza, Focus, Civic, etc etc would be my sort of list.

was looking at a cupra but insurance is way 2 much man, foucus not to into them altho they are nice civic could be on the cards

I like the CIVIC (92 - 95 shape) and plan to have the VTI version 1.6 158bhp:slm:

The shape after that has basicly the same engine too, probably not that cheap on insurance though.

Out of your list the 1 to avoid is a toss-up between the grand vitara and the MG ZR.... The Rover K series is renownd for head gasket trouble and i have personally repaired over 30 K series engines :suspect:

paddymarsden said:
Mini coopers - good at cornering but not V fast only come in 1.3 and 1.0 but great fun ! rarther expensive for a good one
A3 - drove one today in work...V fast 2.0 TDI
160SR - Nice car but i think looks ugly if not modded
MG - nice car not sure on insurance tho
Suzuki - personaly i think its a car directed at the females

your talking about the old mini cooper. hes on about a new one.

id have the A3, my mate has an S3 and if thats anything to go by then they are very nice indeed, not that fast tho

A3 all the way!!! the three doors are some of the nicest cars out there..

i am jealous just thinking about it!

Mate, steer clear of the MG, they are so unreliable it's not funny...

Mini One, sold one yesterday, not quick and look the part if your female and cute, they don't if your not...

A3, great piece of kit, S3, awesome piece of kit...

SR, you know that one already....

There are plenty of more fun cars out there as well

stonesie said:
MG ZR.... The Rover K series is renownd for head gasket trouble and i have personally repaired over 30 K series engines :suspect:

This isnt because the engines are poor, its due to the location of the thermostat. the engines are very good.

From your list id go for the ZR or A3

i would go with the 160. Quickest one there and returns a very good MPG figure that the others cant touch.

dont forget its group 7 as well :)

I would also go for the A3. If you went for the mini I'd go for the Cooper S, MG's... hmm. 160 is ugly, and vitara I wouldn't go for in my opinion. So out of those I would say the A3. :)

Back