need to know

is there any things i need to look out for with my micra??

when i move the gear stick side to side it makes a clanging sound, is this ok???

please help!!

is there any things i need to look out for with my micra??

when i move the gear stick side to side it makes a clanging sound, is this ok???

please help!!

Its not harmful at all, quite a common fault. A little spring has come loose under the gear stick (accessable under the car, may have to remove some exhaust headsheilding) then its just a case of hooking it back through where it popped out of. Search on here for it becuase its been covered in better detial before :)

yes it's the gear lever return spring, because it's metal on metal, the spring snaps and hangs down and catches the heatshield. either get a new spring or where the end has snapped off, just bend the spring to for a new hook. then replace. as said above, to access it you need to jack up the car/use a ramp etc, in the middle of the car above the center cat on exhaust there's a heatshield held in place by five 10mm bolts (these may be tight/siezed be careful not to snap em). undo these and the heatshield will be able to be slid backwards, still on top of the exhaust. from here you'll be able to see the small spring. mod it and it hooks from the body (around gear lever hole) to the end of the gear lever.

Back