Need ideas and help Please

L

Littleleigh

Ok then, after spending a bit of monet for a new air filter and some blue headlights and sidelights im stuck on what to do next.
unfortunately the sidelights still look yellow(not good).
Iv herd of sidelight/indicator conversions, it sound difficult though.

In last post i asked whether adding a back box would change the exhaust pressures if so would the engine need calibrating.

The interior is boring and im not sure wheter to paint the interior and the bumpers (etc) because it will take forever and it is worrying if it goes wrong.
Fabric may look ok, any ideas.

http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=micra12gsx6sd.jpg

And thats it, my little ride. Just stuck on what to do to it. With such little money. And i dont want it looking chavy, just smart.
Ideas appreciated, thanks people.

Leave it how it is, just make it run a1- and you can always sell it in the future and upgrade.
If you put all kinds of tat on it - you'll find you will only sell it on at a loss, if you manage to sell it on at all for a decent price..!

Nice ideas, so would you agree with little mods like nice seat covers/wheel trims, maybe a bit of tint on the windows, and maybe a cd player.

ok then, wot about paintin the bumpers etc, cuz i fink that it dus look ok on sum of the ones on here. but your thoughts are kool.

if you pay and have professional window tints then that would look better, but if you do it yourselft it'll look tacky

Littleleigh said:
ok then, wot about paintin the bumpers etc, cuz i fink that it dus look ok on sum of the ones on here. but your thoughts are kool.
It only looks good if its painted good..

u stick a crome tail pipe cover on that and ill personally come and kill ur budgie!

car looks in gd nick , if ur gana do anything to the looks just get some 14" alloys, and get ur self a good sound system , after all when you sell you car you can allways take it out and move it to your new perchace. no point in doing anything elce to a car that tidy, what ever you do and however much you spend its still gana b a old nissan micra.

oy i was goning to fit chrome tail pipes, beats looking at a old exhaust.

i recon you should get some cheap alloys for it, changes the apperance of a car no end, and of course you could always sell the wheels seperatly when youre finished with the car, look on e-bay

Thats a lovley condition GSX, doesnt look like much rust anywhere.

If you can find some sidelights cheap that say they fit a K10 it will be as simple as clipping them off and on, whenever Ive seen any they have been about £15-20 which to me is alot for some clear sidelights.

If you have already upgraded the headlight bulbs to the ones that are supposed to be White and Ultra Bright then they should look alot better than they used to be. Stock K10 headlights will never look the same as modern headlights, no matter what bulb you use.

Seat covers would brighten up the interior very nicley and is a cheap, quick and easy solution. The only other thing Id do is buy some 14" alloy wheels, these will make the car look 10 times better.

Thats really all Id do unless you want to start complete modification in which case you can replace almost everything on the car, someone on heres got a great silver 5Dr Micra that they have upgraded with full Super S kit.

Check out www.rochfordtyres.co.uk for alloy and tyre package deals

In case you wondered, from reading many alloy posts on here you need:

165/60/14 for no rubbing, almost exact same size as stock tyres but lower profile
195/45/15 Apparantley will fit but, most on here say that bump stops and arch work will need to be done

What sort of mods are you interested in? (Performance, Body, Sound System, Interior, etc)

Nice ideas again, in reply to Andrew, but to others who can help

Sidelights(driving lights) if thats what your on about to put by the front towe bars? or the actual sidelights.

The bulbs have been upgraded to laser blue style, now looking good.

Seat covers Definately

Oh yea iv seen the pik of the car 5dr, and is amazing. i want one.

Cheers for the site but like the site i gave in the post before but they are still similar prices so im really not sure what to do, but i do like the idea. If not get alloys becouse of costs then it runs back to trims, like these http://217.160.167.9/Tuning-Markt/index.aspx

Also like i said about the exhaust, performance is great, but is costly, a back box system from Motorworld would be ok like http://www.motor-world.co.uk/images/hires/7010.jpg, for £60, but im not sure if the engine pressures would need changing for it. Or just go for a simple £30 http://www.motor-world.co.uk/images/hires/8380.jpg like this.
May modify Sound i think because you cant run off of a tape player, really.
Get tints, steering wheel cover and mats prob.

Please people im struggling. :down:

I dont think the exhaust trim will make any difference apart from the looks, The back box is more likely to make it louder/deeper but the performance benifits will be minimal. From comments on here Iam lead to believe that great performance benifits however come from replacing the complete exhaust system, but this is costley.

Sorry...I typed sidelights i ment "side repeaters" you know indicators.

Regarding driving lights or fog lights, you can modify your front grill and place them in that/infront of that. Alot of people fit a super s front bumper as they already have slots for fog lights, where your front tow bar is I believe.

Replacing the radio is as easy as 1-2-3 especially now you have that ISO cable. You should deffinatley get a new Head Unit, some speakers for the parcel shelf and a subwoofer. Fitting Front speakers is a bit more difficult as not all speakers will fit without making a spacer or large washer.

Instead of a steering wheel cover you could get a new steering wheel. The nissan 100nx wheels are good, but you may need a boss kit aswell.

Few Little mods:

Change colour of dials
Sray dash a different colour
replace the window winders
replace the door lock pins
customise the door cards
Neons/lights under the seat or footwells
replace the interior bulb with an led super white or coloured one

Mate i really like your ideas,
Thanks so much. It may be a long process but hopefully worth while at the end of it, first car, have it for a couple of years, lower NCB then from there decide what i wanna do, but by that time the price of the car would be worthless, like people said it may not be worth much when modded, but it wont be worth much anyway, especially in a few years time.
I will see what money i get and decide from there, im skint lol, we'll see how it goes.
Thanks again.

colour coding the mud flaps! i saw a white micra that had the flaps painted white with the lettering in red, not having a white micra i havent done it myself, but i was impressed!! def worth checking out the post

i saw it, it looked nice, but i have a silver micra, that may not look too gud. But im thinkin of colouring the 'NISSAN' lettering blue.

i bought a steering cover, mats, seatbelt covers, and seat covers in a pack for 30 quid. just black and grey 2 tone, nothing crazy. looks very smart and now my interior looks like a new car! i would do the same, very good/cheap mod. :)

colour code the whole thing (bumpers, mirrors, door handles etc), it will make the car look alot more modern and neat.

Back