time 4 respray? colour ideas please

danni

Ex. Club Member
well as iv just got myself a fulltime job for over the summer i think money 4 a respray will be looking good.
Im not sure what im thinking colourwise as of yet... got few different ideas floating around but would like peoples oppinions on them and also ideas from people please? :)
well heres the ideas iv had so far

1) Matt Black. - a little part of my car is matt black atm coz waynes halfway thru fixing it.. but looking at it i quite like it!

2) Black with a dark pink flake

3) some kind of nice purple

ideas will be welcome as i am wanting something a bit different ideally :)

thanks
danni

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
Keep it black, not too sure about the pink flake, maybe black with a purple flake would be cool, and then you could have your brake callipers and interiour purple to match, that would be quite smart dont ya think hun??

Daz :alien:

MA 12.5 :-p

Ex. Club Member
black with a pink flake sounds cool :)

Attachments

• P1010034.JPG
    P1010034.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 268

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
metallic black with a purple flake, and the interior trimmed in white and purple leather to match. Black alloys with a chrome lip, and a few chrome goodies inside aswell. Purple cam cover and a few puple engine bay bits and pieces....

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
SR_Micra_Boy said:
metallic black with a purple flake, and the interior trimmed in white and purple leather to match. Black alloys with a chrome lip, and a few chrome goodies inside aswell. Purple cam cover and a few puple engine bay bits and pieces....

Exactly my thoughts lol well along those lines anyway :p

Daz :alien:

OP
OP
D

danni

Ex. Club Member
SR_Micra_Boy said:

sounds quite nice that actually neil (and daz)....altho i was just thinkin bout the paint for now... u got my mind working overtime now and my bank balance wont like that loll.... but certainly sounds nice
still open to suggestions tho:)

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
in around a week and a half danni i will have a BIG step twoards that plan possibly happening for ya :p

i have a huge ivory leather hide on its way to me :) 4 1/2 meter squared should cover a few things i think!!!
including my lurvly buckets that are sat in "my workshop"

i can also get loads more of the leather hides aswell in black, cream ivory etc

OP
OP
D

danni

Ex. Club Member
how much 4 wayne? i wud b v interested as i was planning to get my interior all white leather and my install (eventually)
u never tell me these things:p

Glenn

Ex. Club Member
i think just a metallic black will look nice...but if you are gonna sort out the interiour eventually then what ever colour you have on the exteriour is likley to have an affect on the interiour..so if u just play it simple with the met black then you can basically have any colour inside..if you start mixing colours on the exteriour, then the interiour might look a bit weird if you have different colours from the outside..

just my thoughts..but black should leave you with loads of colour options for when you get round to the interiour! :p

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
I think that this colour on the bottom is lurvely!!! If it wasn't slightly girly I might go for it myself lol. :p Would look sweet on your car though I reckon Danni. :)

IMG_5987-vi.jpg

Titch

Micra K11ng
That 106 at donny was soooooo nice - i would have that!

Go for the black and white contrast for the inside, as i know you were in love with the Ecosse 106 at Donny. The coulours were really effective on that to, would like to see a micra like that also!
Titch :kungfu:

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
reaaly nice colour thgouh i dont think the lines would suit a k11 to have it 2 toned like that.

sorry. k11 is too round to have a straight line through it imo.

as standard as yours is ne ways danni

B

Ben

top one looks cool, i would say black with silver/purple flake but at the end of the day its your car so only you can decide lol.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
two tone is do able.....maybe a more subtle difference between the two colours though. Maybe if the purple was more caburys wrapper in colour.

As for black with purple flake would prob look cool also.

OP
OP
D

danni

Ex. Club Member
cheers for the photo shops guys.... but think its made me change mind about the pink n black... well 4 the mo anyways its too standard 4 a colour that xtreme!!!
think ill probs go with either black with a pink or purple flake... or c what this purple colour is like wayne has!!!
unless n e 1 else got any ideas??

OP
OP
D

danni

Ex. Club Member
im not too sure on wat cadburys purple is tbh lol
purple wit silver flake cud look nice tho..

btw... from them pics the car will look diff to that b4 its sprayed..... skirts, meshed grill, new alloys, probs new front splitter and possibly smooth boot and bad boy. also thinkin bout de bump strippin it and delocking and handling it but depends on the cash at the time

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
The colour my corolla is done in would like great on yours Danni. Cobolt blue in day light with a silver flek and purple as the sun goes down.

Kev :)

Titch

Micra K11ng
Kev said:
The colour my corolla is done in would like great on yours Danni. Cobolt blue in day light with a silver flek and purple as the sun goes down.

Hmm - think that would be really nice on a micra!
:kungfu:

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
Kev said:

the colour i have lying in my back garden at this very moment :) or very similar
and the colour i shall be spraying another k11 in in roughly 2-3 weeks time :)

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
if you were going to go with a two tone like that black and purple shop i would say maybe go for the black on the bottom and a darker purple, like cadburys purple on the top, thought it would make more sense to put the black on the bottom as thats the area of the car that usually gets most dirty so would be least noticable, dont know what it would look like that way round tho

also if you went for that coulour scheme might look good with a purple flake on top of the black?

JayY

Owner of The Black Beauty
i would keep it black but if you really want to change it, i think the black with purple flake could be nice, or a purple thays near enough black (if you know what i mean!), dont think the two tone thing would be any good

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
Paynee said:
if you were going to go with a two tone like that black and purple shop i would say maybe go for the black on the bottom and a darker purple, like cadburys purple on the top, thought it would make more sense to put the black on the bottom as thats the area of the car that usually gets most dirty so would be least noticable, dont know what it would look like that way round tho

also if you went for that coulour scheme might look good with a purple flake on top of the black?

sorry but that is crap :p

black cars are actually ALOT worse to keep clean..
as you can see the muck on it more.. than a white car :p

proven fact

JayY

Owner of The Black Beauty
black cars are hard to keep clean, cause water marks and stuff are white so it shows straight away, out of my mums k11(grey), my old k11 (blue), and my dads 3-series (steel blue) and my car (black!), mine is defintely the hardest to keep clean, ive brought that new turtle wax blade thing to dry it, it does it very well without leave water marks

OP
OP
D

danni

Ex. Club Member
cheers 4 the input guys...
would someone be able to do me a photoshop of mine in kevs colour.. and also in some kind of purple cheers

Ian

Ex. Club Member
the bottom one is horrific :(

debated a camaflauge (sp?) effect on mine, just because, then realised a) wayne would moan and b) it would probs look ar*e

Agree that just black would mean you have more scope for interior danni

Layla

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
danni i have seen an amazing effect tht i want to try out. so your car is now the guinie pig :p

:) and it still has black in it soo. all's good

OP
OP
D

danni

Ex. Club Member
quickdraw said:
danni i have seen an amazing effect tht i want to try out. so your car is now the guinie pig :p

:) and it still has black in it soo. all's good

care to elaborate? and does me get it free seeing as its for testing;) lol