need help with splitter

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
basically just been out in this weather for about two hours trying to fit my splitter.
its the nismo style one and i have super s bumpers so it surely shouldnt be much of a problem to fit? i guessed wrong the stupid thing doesnt fit, the tow bar is completely in the way and its just completely fudged.
ive tried to get hold of people with the same splitter fitted but yet again another fail so with any luck someone is going to come along read my rant now and maybe give me a few tips cause at the moment just me trying to fit it by myself is useless and im fighting a losing battle against a bloody fit of fiberglass! lol.

put up some pics of the problem may be able to see where it's going wrong... fresh eyes and all that

well thats where the problem is.. i didnt really wanna even post it up on here, i didnt want anyone to know what was going on with the car at the moment

i didnt get any pics mate i was getting so wound up and just threw the splitter in the back garden and put the rest of the stuff away haha but ill go take one of the splitter now for you.

Is yours a super s or a normal micra with super s bumpers...because the tow eyes are different sizes. The super s is more pointy (so it can pop slightly through the tow hook cover -- you wouldnt notice if you havent got the cover) compared to the ususal micra bumpers where it all pushes through...theres probs a few different sizes on top of the two i know about.

So that could be your problem. :)

mmm hard to say then without pics...mine only needed a little alteration around the tow eye (moved the hole over a bit).

Back