Fitting Splitter...

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
I want my splitter to my car without taking the bumper off as I don't have the tools to do so.

Is it a simple job just to attach the splitter to the bottom of the bumper? Iirc, the bumper has screws on the bottom which should align with the splitter, so theoretically I'd just need to jack it up, take out the screws, fit the splitter and then screw the bolts back in again?

I'm also wanting to attach the splitter before I spray it as I really don't have the space - or the nerve - to spray paint stuff in my own home!

Any help at all? :(

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
yes you can fit splitters without removing the bumper...altough you have to jack the car up and lay on your back and screw it on lol....onces thats done cut then ends off so it lines up with the bumper.

what splitter you getting? if its a plastic/rubber one you carnt paint it as it felex's and the paint cracks off.

tbh i wouldnt fit a splitter, i like yours without one..infact i like mine better without a splitter as it looks cleaner lol.

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

That'd be the plan hopefully!

I've already got the splitter from AMY, it's a JDM option one which matches my cars sideskirts so I had to have it :) And it's plastic too - I think - but I bought primer for it so it might be alright?

Thank you for the comment :) But I think mine looks a bit odd with just the sideskirts on - unfinished, but I don't want to take them off, so the splitter will help complete the look :)

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
That'd be the plan hopefully!

I've already got the splitter from AMY, it's a JDM option one which matches my cars sideskirts so I had to have it :) And it's plastic too - I think - but I bought primer for it so it might be alright?

Thank you for the comment :) But I think mine looks a bit odd with just the sideskirts on - unfinished, but I don't want to take them off, so the splitter will help complete the look :)

i was thinking it was a renualt one or somthing lol...it will look awsome with a optinal extra nissan one ;)

year primer will be fine for the splitter as its not rubber...it shouldnt be that hard to fit. tiger seal it on and screw it to the bumper in a few places :) iam sure nex could help you? lol

will look awsome :D

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

No No, it is an actual optional Nissan one ;)

Cool thanks :)
I'm sure both NeX and Joe could help me, but I feel I'm too dependent on them for things when it comes down to Micras, so I am trying to do it myself lol

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
Well, the way I did it is the way joe told me, which is jack the car up onto axle stands, and then tape the splitter on so it's straight and holds it self up, and then screw it to the bumper.

But if yours is plastic, then screwing it might cause the plastic to crack or something, so I'd tiger seal it.

If I were doing it again, I'd take the bumper off. Not that joes method is bad, it's probably quicker and less problamatic, but after about 1/2 hour under a bumper, trying to screw mine in, I had serious arm cramp.

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
No No, it is an actual optional Nissan one ;)

Cool thanks :)
I'm sure both NeX and Joe could help me, but I feel I'm too dependent on them for things when it comes down to Micras, so I am trying to do it myself lol

if you like you can come over and you can just use our equipment and we will just be there for support.

tho with things like painting its not the best thing to be using as your first go, but fitting it would be easy for you i promise :D

OP
OP
MicraFish

MicraFish

Thank you for the offer ralph :) however I've agreed with my dad to go over to his and fit it saturday! No it is probably not the ideal painting to do first time round but how else will I learn lol

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
Thank you for the offer ralph :) however I've agreed with my dad to go over to his and fit it saturday! No it is probably not the ideal painting to do first time round but how else will I learn lol

ah ok, well good luck with it, you are welcome to call me if you need any help, but i am sure its gonna be awesome so i will want pics asap lol

solarice

Ex. Club Member
when fitting mine, is was pretty straight forward...if youre bonding it on align it first to the bumper then mark along the bumper (a pencil or something that wont damage the surface) so you can fit it back in the same place...then remove and attach the adhesive then refit and clean up any excess before it sets.

Screwing it in place, pre drill the mounting points (you should have maybe about 5 or 6 small circular indents on the bottom and a couple at either end) and then screw it on.

btw i did both lol...as the screws kept it still while the adhesive set. ;) plus im paranoid :D

my bumper was off the car during this aswell.