Need a gearbox and maybe some advice..

Hi guys im new here so still getting to grips with how this forum works. I currently have a micra k11 1.0L on an L plate and the gearbox is borderline dead. I was told it shouldn't be working as it is but its still going :D

So main point of my post I'm looking for a gearbox but I don't know if there is only one type I can use or I have options. Looking for minimum spend as the car is a town run about with maybe a 30-40 mile motorway run or 2 a month.

Any advice will be gratefully received

Ceffyn

hey guys thanks for the replys so far, the clutch and bearings are all new the box has been bad since i got the car. its a wine and grind and all kinds of nasty sounds while being driven and its losing about a 3rd of its oil every 2 or 3 weeks.

sorry for double post but i dont know how to edit my posts yet or if you can. had a full clutch kit fitted when i initially thought it was the thrust bearing due to it being quite nice sounding while i'm on the clutch.also had new wheel bearings, brakes, c.v. joints and drive shaft (passenger side). not all because of this problem but because i like to get things fixed when they need doing :D

ok guys here's the final result i drove the car today for about an hour or so covered everything from mountain roads, windy country roads, normal roads (30/40mph) and motorways. after all this the car didnt play up once so the throttle box fix seemed to do the job for me.

thanks again for your help guys.

Back