My first car is gonna be a Micra - Need advice!

CMF_Steven

» CMF Member
Hi Guys,

I'm looking forward to buying a 1997 Micra LX S2 this week and it might sound silly to ask these questions but since I'm a novice to the world of Micra I hope the Experts wont't mind.

The simple fact is: It's gonna be my first car...I'm in Melbourne and would I be in trouble finding spare parts if she needs any douring the long run?

I have already identified the car, and from the first looks she's quite unharmed (that makes me really happy too;o) Regarding the 1.3 motor, what should I basically look for to find out still it's got enough power to take me couple of 1000Kms?

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
yo, i dont live in australia so cant answer ur 1st question, but the last one i will have a go at lol

my 1st car was a micra and still got it now lol. even from getting lots of help from the very nice people on this forum, im still a beginer to lol.

-look for rust and majour damages. any difference in colour on outside of car.
-take it for a test drive
-when engine starts listen for any majour "ticking+tating noises"
-when engines running put "clutch in" and listen to wether the engine gets quiter (i think its not a good thing if that happens, prehaps someone can explain (tapiets))
-lights all work etc
- look in engine bay and check for no majour oil leak to left of engine

prehaps ive got it all wrong, but hopefully someone, will say thats right lol

good luck on the micra

napster

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Look at the car straight on and check for any major/minor bends. Might sound silly but chop-jobs can be horrible. It also tells you if its been in a major accident.

Ask to see where the car is normally kept and see if there are any oil patches and ask if there is anything!

Also, check to see if there is any outstanding finance on the car. I think there was a thread on here a while ago about that...

Also, upload a pic once you get it :)

Back