Exhaust

pork

Club Member
I wanna make a new exhaust system, never made one so would like some pointers, mainly on what size pipe to use with the turbo?

The exhaust I have now has a centre box then over axle pipe, then back box, can I jus use a single pipe, then onto back box of my choice?

Do different back boxes offer different things? Not to bothered about noise, rather it not stupidly loud though!

the size is critical on a turbo neil, the pressure ratio between the exh mani (pre turbo) and post turbo system governs how much boost the compressor will give (and spoolup response too )
i tried my near stock system on the other week and got about 1/2 the power :eek:

yours is the 15T aint it neil (the smaller TD04 with the round exh port) ? so a 56mm exducer ?
if so, the system needs to be bigger than 56mm ideally :)
edit 45.6mm

yours is the 15T aint it neil (the smaller TD04 with the round exh port) ? so a 56mm exducer ?
if so, the system needs to be bigger than 56mm ideally :)
edit 45.6mm

Haha, maybe I've been looking at the o.d of the flange I'm wanting to make exhaust up.

So as long as its larger than the exducer, it'll be ok

aye, this bit, else you,re gonna get a bottleneck eh :)

exducer.JPG

thats a pic of my TD05 ^ which is 50mm, so we,re building a s/s 60mm system for it atm neil :)
here,s the centre box (hopefully nice and quiet) straight through/perforated tube ones have a better flowrate eh

silencer.JPG
silencr.JPG

I don't ant a mega loud exhaust, so would I need to make something like this, or is there off the shelf components I can weld together?

So, before I go any further, the diameter on the turbo exhaust is 2 inch, I've made flange to match

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360658534.761947.jpg

Will this be ok, or should I go bigger?

Back