• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Slow K11 Project

can it be done? wont it flake off? tbh i was thinking of painting them but you'v just given me a better idea of anodising them lol
I think you can only do it with aluminium? Have to see what the lock body's are made of. You'll have to google Anodising, I'd do it but it's my bed time :)

Or... Get locking key fob and remove the key holes and smooth it all..... Just hope central locking dosnt go wrong :L x

I think you can only do it with aluminium? Have to see what the lock body's are made of. You'll have to google Anodising, I'd do it but it's my bed time :)
iv seen anodised spray cans on ebay,but i suppose if you get them done/dipped then they shouldnt flake/chip off will be having a look on google see what i can find..

Such a simple process but so effective! Well you could give the eBay paint a bash for a couple of quid :) worth a shot... Just might "gunk" up the key hole x

Got my induction kit elbow pipe sorted thanks to Skinner on here..
will be cleaning up the intake pipe before fitting it all up with my pipercross airfilter
null_zps500f45b8.jpg

Recieved some D1 spec lug nuts today that i had ordered last week and decided to get my wheels on and see wether they make or break the car lol
null_zpsc244c87e.jpg

null_zpsc59dfb2c.jpg

null_zps311f4f5c.jpg

null_zps9fef14fe.jpg

null_zpse0c72bcc.jpg

null_zps494c114e.jpg

Also fitted the induction kit but not too happy with the air filter itself so looking for a green HKS filter..
null_zpse9e19069.jpg

i'v also got a breather filter but couldn't work out which side it goes one? is it on the left top of the rocker cover or is it on the right side?

So been busy cleaning up all the dirty muck and grime off the rocker cover getting it ready to paint..Also noticed the underside of the rocker was VERY filthy and has chunks thick grime on the oil cap side? what would be the best way to clean all that off ?
null_zps20539b29.jpg

Also managed to get hold of some dual filament Orange bulbs for the front USDM conversion (Looks much better imo)
null_zpsb327e1d3.jpg

So been busy cleaning up all the dirty muck and grime off the rocker cover getting it ready to paint..Also noticed the underside of the rocker was VERY filthy and has chunks thick grime on the oil cap side? what would be the best way to clean all that off ?
null_zps20539b29.jpg
[/IMG]

I personally took mine outside hosed it down, got a bottle brush medium softness and scrub it with fairy liquid completely destroyed all the grease and it isn't abrasive! Washed it off and left to dry :) squeaky clean... I'd do an oil change to if you Havnt already :) x

I personally took mine outside hosed it down, got a bottle brush medium softness and scrub it with fairy liquid completely destroyed all the grease and it isn't abrasive! Washed it off and left to dry :) squeaky clean... I'd do an oil change to if you Havnt already :) x
yeah iv done a full service a few days after i bought the car..the gunk/muck on the underside is pretty stubborn iv tried hosing it down but it refuses to move,iv scraped some off with a flat screw driver but that would take forever if i carried on,il get a pic of it up in a few mins

Hope Everyone had a Good Christmas :D
Not much of an update but iv been busy tinting the windows all round in a Light Smoke shade..and suprisingly came out really well
null_zpsfc3e14bd.jpg

null_zpsb21836e3.jpg

null_zps961290b0.jpg

First of all..Hope Everyone had an amazing new year :D
Secondly time for some more updates..so after thinking really hard about what to do with my rocker cover i decided to colour code it in the end but i wouldn't say its complete just yet,also managed to paint and lacquer my grill..
So here it is painted and still wet..
null_zps63779fc7.jpg

And after leaving it over night..this is what it looks like..i also painted the breather filter to while i was at it
null_zps6ea68426.jpg

null_zpsea5a4c21.jpg

And the Grill Cant wait to get the grill fitted back on :D
null_zpsfdb0362b.jpg

No New updates as i may be selling up..but heres a few pics i took seeing as i thought i didnt have enough pics of the whole car..
null_zpsb5b1ca76.jpg

null_zps1b95c16c.jpg

null_zps3a043168.jpg

null_zpsd885fdb4.jpg

null_zps2201731b.jpg

Back