My Plans

Glen

Club Member
ONLY THINKING ABOUT IT.
But will probably happen in the near future.

Contents:
1 X Standard Nissan Micra Wave.
1 X Standard rb26dett Engine.
Many power tools.
Lots of Cash.

My Idea.

Im wanting to create a Rear wheel Drive Mid-Engine Micra with the rb26dett engine. Then i want to change the micra from the standard look to a wide arched pick-up.

The Car:

Take the standard car and shape the back to look like a pick-up. Make it a two seater with backet seats and 4 point racing harness. Custom dash and try and find some Digital Dials. Then get the interior retrimed in white leather.
Where the Engine used to be i want to convert that into a boot like on porsches. Then create a custom wide arche bodykit that make the car more areodynamic. Make the rear wheels stick futher out than the front. Then lower it all as much as possible and stick some deep dish alloys on. With Air suspension and sort all the peices so that the car is strong enough and sturdy enough to handle all the stresses. The car will be finished off in a real nice black.

what do people think. also does anyone live near dundee that would be able to give a hand with the project if it goes ahead.

Glen said:
Lots of Cash.

your gonna need it :D

its all do-able infact but its going to be a lot of work, like any major project.

have a search through some of the japanese sites for info as they've converted k11's for alsorts.

personally i'd make it AWD and import a AWD k11 from japan as then you have some of the floor design already there.

yeah that will be easier, forgot about that option.

there was a guy did that with a RB engine and had a focus frame put onto it.

500 bhp GTR and 4wd running gear, space frame chassis and fibreglass phase 1 focus shell mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

Nice idea, but alot of work as said. Best bet to get a good shell and work on it from there strengthening it up and getting everything solid before anything else.

Wouldn't turn it into a pickup myself.

1st of all do you know how much a RB26 cost? you will need everything from it including wiring loom, it would be cheaper to buy a salvage skyline that has a RB26.

2nd of all you cant just monkey alan style cut n shut a RB26 in there, this amount of power for such a small..... you know what i just cant be bothered.

Go ahead mate knock yourself out keep us updated...

i think he's trying to say that it wont happen lol, but go for it mate, even if you make a total balls of it, it will be VERY good experiance..

the engine will be stupidly powerful so you will need ALOT of strengthening. this will mean you will have to space frame the whole thing, cos you'll end up cutting up the micra so much that there wont be anything left of it... but i say go for it :D

but i wouldn't make it a pickup cos it will be much harder fitting the framework plus the engine plus you in the space of the front half of a micra....

good luck mate, start a blog if you go ahead with it :D

but this will be a serious waste of money if you've never done anything like this before. i'd start with a small engine convertion first so you understand the level of work. ask people on here about their engine convertions because it always ends up costing twice as much and taking twice as long :)

nothings impossible so im going to try and see if i can make this thing happen if i do the 0-60 time will be unbeliveable and top speed god only knows.

Glen said:
nothings impossible so im going to try and see if i can make this thing happen if i do the 0-60 time will be unbeliveable and top speed god only knows.

lol well talk to nismo_almera cos he has trouble keeping his car on the ground and thats SR20det :)

he was probably going to baffle youre little head with useful information you will never use for such a ridiculous idea!

but yeah, all the best and get some pics up!

type-R i work at currys why and im 17. My Dads a mechanic if ur wondering if had the knowledge or not

if you made it a pick-up, the rear bed would be quite high due to the fact that you'd have a rb26 under it!

you'll need a better job than working at curry's. You're talking a lot of money, just for the RB26 and how the hell are you going to insure it at 17 lol

Alienfish360 said:
you'll need a better job than working at curry's. You're talking a lot of money, just for the RB26 and how the hell are you going to insure it at 17 lol

i think this will be something like a 3 year project so by that time he should be able to afford the insurance :)

i recon it will cos about £26,000 ? what does everyone else think?

NeX said:
i think this will be something like a 3 year project so by that time he should be able to afford the insurance :)

i recon it will cos about £26,000 ? what does everyone else think?

it could be between anything from £20,000 - £35,000, and u will never know till you try. It will probly be cheaper to buy and insure a Skyline lol

runaway-robot said:
it could be between anything from £20,000 - £35,000, and u will never know till you try. It will probly be cheaper to buy and insure a Skyline lol

yea but you have to admit that it would be sooo much better as a micra :D

oh an please cut the guy some slack people, i don't like the idea of people being discouraged from modding... wild ideas are the best ideas if they get done....

but like i said before Glen, try a small engine convertion first, it really helps :D
if you want to do a 1.6 convertion then i may have a spare engine somewhere ;)

if you can pick it up then you can have it for free but i may be using it so if you're interested then i'll let you know :D

tbh mate. That idea is silly and unrealistic. if you are willing to throw this much cash into a micra, you may as well turbo a 1.3. For less cash you can make it hit 200bhp and it will be rapid and a lot less work.

i really hope you do mate but from the sound of it i dont think you have enough knoledge to do this. The amount of engineering knoledge you would need to make the spaceframe alone is very vast. also how do you plan on making it a pickup and mid engined. the engine would normally sit where your truck bed would.

there is thousands more points to make but im really knackered lol

i really really hope you do it and prove us all wrong. The only reason that we act like this is that hundreds of poeple come on the forums and say the same ideas as you and we never see them again so it makes it hard to distinguish between the serious and people who are just dreaming.

this your 1st car?

If i was you i would just turbo or supercharge the orginal engine or do a 1.6 conversion. No point in wasting money putting a huge engine in such a little car. If a SR20DET jumps off the rollers i cant even imagine what a RB26 will do in a k11....maybe it'll be the first car to land on the moon!

nismo_k12 said:
If a SR20DET jumps off the rollers i cant even imagine what a RB26 will do in a k11....maybe it'll be the first car to land on the moon!

don't forget to take an MSC flag to replace that grotty USA one ;)

i have been in the micra scene for around 5years now and i remember when Nex first joined he used to ask questions like this all the time as well.

thats why he feels sorry for this guy LOL!!

seriously mate i want you to do i just dont thinks its feasible. If you have such lack of knowledge at this stage you might as well give up now LOL!

Glen said:
u wont be taking the #### if i do it

The serious, harsh truthful side is that you cannot afford the conversion, and wouldn't be able to afford the insurance, or afford to run it. Have you looked at the economy? Have you looked at how much it will actually cost to run the car?

And to be honest with you, if I could afford to put an RB26DETT into a K11 I'd rather just have a Skyline.

u dont know what kind of money i have and i dont have the knowledge but my dad does. whats the point of just buying a skyline and taking all the fun out of making a fast micra.

Glen said:
u dont know what kind of money i have and i dont have the knowledge but my dad does. whats the point of just buying a skyline and taking all the fun out of making a fast micra.

no, but I know that at 17 working at Currys you won't be able to afford it, and I know at 17 and male the insurance will just laugh.

But as I said earlier, you'll need to build a full chassis and then get a fibreglass copy of the k11 made for it.

Good luck, not really worth going on, as to be honest, I really don't see it happening, and won't believe it till there's progress pics :)

best of luck

Lighten up, theres a good chance that it might not hapen yes, but its still one hell of an idea. someone posted a video of a smart car with a suzuki gsx-r bike engine in it, bet lots of people said get a suzuki gsx-r instead, but he still did it. Glen, keep your idea, and try and make friends with people in the trade, see if they will help you, if this gets made im gonna be mighty impressed and would love to see it............

mainly cos i drive a wave yes.......

yeah, i saw the video, but i still wasnt impressed. they just looked stupid doing doughnuts and things.........

Back