Few Plans for Micra

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Well the Micra IS Definatly showing at MUK on 16th April and ive got the rear quarter to sort out and the roof where the old spoiler was. Anyway on saturday the car is going in for a Full Respray............. In Candy Apple Red Perlescent Paint.

The list of things being done to the car at the same time are

Mirrors being resprayed and indicators wired up
Fiat Punto Sideskirts fitted
Front Polo splitter fitted
Rear Splitter refitted
Rear Quarter Panel being done again
Roof being filled where holes are
Front eyebrows being fitted (cheaper badboy version lol)
Smoothed Tailgate (boot)

Also the week after when i get car back the car will be in the Audio Shop for Vibe 16.5cm Component speakers in Front doorpods and Fiberglassing pods for rear panels as its 3 door and has no speaker holes and another set of Vibe 16.5cm components speakers are being installed and wired up to two JBL GTO2000 Amplifiers. Also the Vibe Active CBR Sub and amp will be made into a custom box to fit over the drivers side rear arch for more boot space, Boot totally being refabriced and doors are being refabric'd.

Thats all the plans i have at the moment :)

Sounds good. Should look sweet in that colour with those things done... same weekend as Donny that. :) Post up some pics when its done, should be very nice. :D

WOW loads to do, have you got a pic of a car with the paint colour on already?

looking forward to seeing the pictures n hope it all turns out alright :)

imag0022.jpg

Thats the colour or similar colour :)

Kandy Apple Red was the colour i nearly got my micra done in, but couldnt afford it, or find anywhere decent enough to do it

i will see what they look like before i hand the car to the bodyshop and then i will decide

yay!!! you putting my polo splitter on... can you send us a pic of the splitter on your bumper before spraying, just for refrence...

ta :)

mean micra said:
yay!!! you putting my polo splitter on... can you send us a pic of the splitter on your bumper before spraying, just for refrence...

ta :)

hi mate i will just get them to spray then fit mate. it wont be on before hand sorry.

sounds good but if it was me a woudl have chosen a different colour, i mean your cars already red, each to their own n that but still, much is that setting u back?

unfortunatly i couldnt afford a respray inside the car also as well as the outside. I was gonna have a Gold to Brown Flip paint but of course with red inside would look crap so i kept to a closer to red colour :)

So let me get this right in my head, if you look in the yellow pages it will say 'A guy who runs his own business in royton does re-spraying.........'

the Guy is called Rob.

The unit is Unit 2 Streetbridge Road, Royton

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....zm=0&scale=10000&multimap.x=292&multimap.y=63

The car went in today. It will be done in about a week. He said hes gonna put his best work into this car as im showing this and will get him extra work he thinks which is what i will do for him if its a good job :) Ive seen the paint and it wasnt cheap lol. £170 a litre! he got 1 and a half litres.

are they the full details then?!

if 700 is for labour then that aint that cheap. if thats all in it aint bad - but should have got the interior done too...ur only gonna regret it - and getting it done at same time would have worked out cheaper and same batch of paint!

JK

Andy_S said:
the Guy is called Rob.

The unit is Unit 2 Streetbridge Road, Royton

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=390500&Y=407000&width=500&height=300&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=&zm=0&scale=10000&multimap.x=292&multimap.y=63

The car went in today. It will be done in about a week. He said hes gonna put his best work into this car as im showing this and will get him extra work he thinks which is what i will do for him if its a good job :) Ive seen the paint and it wasnt cheap lol. £170 a litre! he got 1 and a half litres.

BTW you need about 4 litres to spray a K11 and you need the base colour silver to get the stunning look that a kandy gives.

Kev

it will be right he says.

heres pics of the car today bodywork being preped for dents etc..

looks bad :( i cried lol

the black marks are dents or ripples.

Attachments

• 100_2411.JPG
    100_2411.JPG
    716.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_2412.JPG
    100_2412.JPG
    767.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 100_2413.JPG
    100_2413.JPG
    863.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 100_2414.JPG
    100_2414.JPG
    819.9 KB · Views: 181
  • 100_2409.JPG
    100_2409.JPG
    443.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 100_2410.JPG
    100_2410.JPG
    439.6 KB · Views: 175
Got any pics of the damage repair, I only saw it in the dark.

Well, if the guy does that list at the top and a re-spray for £700 then he might get some business as I only want a black re-spray and know of some how would do

im sure he does a top job as hes been spraying since 15 and hes 35 now. Hes worked for car manufactures too like Volkswagen.

We will have to wait and see anyway.

Back