plans for my K11

being as i've done one for mechanical thought i'd do one for body, at the front putting in some black top grilles and cutting out the middles, possibly meshing, taking out the small scoops either side of the main grille and meshing that, and either painting the big grille black with a purple line on the middle line going across or cutting out and meshing don't know yet, oh and carbon fibre style film on the bonnet (cos i''m cool :p) - http://www.photoshack.com/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=10109&pid=269#top_display_media
on the side just putting in some alloys (eventually) and possibly removing the bump strips - http://www.photoshack.com/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=10109&pid=270#top_display_media
and at the back either cutting out the bumper for a bigger exhaust or getting the 98 style rear bumper with a bigger exhaust hole (don't know the technical term :p) and putting on a spoiler - http://www.photoshack.com/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=10109&pid=271#top_display_media
as usual i don't put this up just for the sake of it :p feel free to comment and tell me anything that you think would look good :)

Definitely remove the bumperstrips and mudguards, and de-badge if you can. Spraying the inside rim of your headlights black looks quite good (see my blog for a pic (Y)). A wraparound spoiler off an SR or Super S, raised bonnet, remove the rear wiper. The list is pretty much endless :grinning:

yeah i'm definately de bump stripping, might de badge but i have a feeling a nissan badge on carbon fibre could look awesome :p definately debadging the boot, might remove the rear wiper but it is useful if it rains XD, what on earth is a raised bonnet? XD and yeah depending on how much work it is i'm going to do the headlights

Believe me, you don't need the rear wiper :laugh:. I've been able to cope without it for 18 months (Y). Doing the headlights is a fairly easy job, just need something to melt the (incrediby) strong glue that holds the back onto the glass. And raised bonnet is just when you use longer bolts and space the bonnet out with washers, rasing it up slightly. Most people on here raise theirs up, it looks pretty sweet :grinning:

i'll think about that :) firstly i'll wanna be doing the stuff that'll be noticable like the bumpers, badges, carbon film etc just so that i don't look quite as gay when i'm driving around :p and then stuff that doesn't really cost anything like spraying the engine block and the inside of the lights

i will :) being as i didn't even know about this forum til it came up on google about a month ago, glad i found it, might make a blog when i've got enough stuff to start one

It's normally a good idea to start a new build thread once you start modding your car (but I started mine 3 months after I started modding it :laugh:). Just make sure you get some photos of the car as standard (Y). And you'll catch the Micra bug, I guarantee it :grinning:

i've already got it and i haven't started mods yet XD i've got a few photos at the moment but i'm going to take a load more at the weekend or whenever me and my stepdad start the mods, first will be carbon bonnet and spring cutting

Well one coil means you lose about 50mm all around (Y). So it'll be a lot lower than standard, and much better to drive :grinning:

It does become very bouncy with the standard shocks and chopped springs. But it handles like it's on rails, especially with alloys and wider tyres (Y)

they won't be coming til i can afford them :p save a couple of hundred and hopefully someone will put some good one's on here :p otherwise it'll be ebay or my local shop

yeah but i don't have the money and with scuffs like that the wheel could be bent :p if not i'm still interested in them when i have the money

Well always keep an eye out on here, people always seem to be selling decent stuff :grinning:. And eBay too of course (Y)

Thanks :grinning:. They're Calibre Dubs, 15x8, with 195/45/R15 stretched tyres. And believe me, they set me back quite a bit :wasntme:

Back