Super s / LX VINS

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
Is the VIN for a super s different to that for an LX ?

I have googled and found (redbook webiste)that both seem to have the same VIN being SJNEBAK11A0XXXXXX

For the SLX it shows as SJNFBAK11A0######

Have i got it wrong ? If they are the same VIN how could you tell if every part was swapped from a super s to an LX shell ?

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
not sure anyone would want to do it but it is possible for an LX to d be passed off as a super s ?

I did a revs check on a Super S and it does not show up as a Super s it just sates that it is a Sep 1995 Micra model.

For those with super s's... does the rego label show that it is a super s or just that it is a micra ?

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
penpusher WROTE:

"<BR>Is the VIN for a super s different to that for an LX ?<BR><BR>I have googled and found (redbook webiste)that both seem to have the same VIN being SJNEBAK11A0XXXXXX<BR><BR>For the SLX it shows as SJNFBAK11A0###### <BR><BR>Have i got it wrong ? If they are the same VIN how could you tell if every part was swapped from a super s to an LX shell ?

The shell are the same....maybe super s have sunroof so if the car has sunroof and rear disc then 99.9% its a super s..

CMF_demonical

» CMF Member
The series 1 Super S is with drums at the rear too also i have seen a few with adjustable steering column like the SLX

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
just throw the super s bit on your LX and tell your insurance company it has a body kit all you can do really?

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
the way to identify a SuperS shell is by the holes in the rear quarters to accommidate the popout windows/trims and also the boltholes for the sunroof, the sunroof itself and also the boltholes for the split seats, the LX has none of these, the interior is different as are the brakes ( r/discs, 2 outlet m/cylinder, bigger booster an ABS), also has specific wiring loom for ABS and intermitant wipers

Back