my new k10

ash 101

Ex. Club Member
I bought a k10 two days ago for £200 it`s done 32,000 miles,all previous mot`s( back to 1988) un-used spare wheel,one previous owner, only one bit of surface rust on the drivers side rear sill.
but it`s idleing really low how do i turn it up on the carb?:k10:

sounds mint mate....any pics??

oh and welcome!! :)

there is a idle screw on the carb.....someone will have a pic of it....if not get a hanynes manual!

not had any time to but i`ll sort some it`s a 988cc collette the one with the two tone black over silver paint job.

Good find! (Y)

A car that old will probably need the Vacuum Rubber connector pipes looking at as they maybe cracked or split, replaced all mine today and half were shot, the rest i replaced as a matter of course. You could also spray some Carburettor cleaner down the hole it might make a difference to the idle problem without adjusting anything :)

Welcome to the club! :)

Sounds like you got a nice car there.

I replaced all my vacuum hoses with silicon hose, cost me £1.50 per metre off eBay and is blue :D.

When I first got mine I had to up the idle too.

every time i buy a car i give it a full service but when i got this one the garage it was a1 even the oil looked good. so i`m going to find some cheap wheels and lower it.:k10:

oh yeah i forget that k10's dont have rev counters lol, easiest thing to do mate is do the timing. advancing it slightly will not only make it drive alot better but will increase the idle at the same time :)

Back