My new car (pics)

M

Melanie

Thought I would post some pictures of my new (and polished) car.

They aren't the best due to poor light, but you get an idea.

It was already looking good but we used Clay bar, #80 Megs speed glaze then P21S on top just to get it perfect.

micra1.jpg

micra2.jpg

micra6.jpg

micra7.jpg

micra8.jpg

micra9.jpg

micra3.jpg

micra4.jpg

Other than replacing the curbed wheel trims and replacing the stereo for a CD player Im just going to keep it standard. Once my boyfriend figures out how to get the old one out that is lol

Very nice indeed... a very clean example. :)

Where abouts are you from... I take it the Manchester area, as you have 'Galaxy 102' on your radio. ;)

-Elliot

Oh, but i would add a spoiler, else it looks to much like a clio, and clios are boring... unless its a 'sport', or its above 04...

the car looks great.
for the cd player to be put in u may need to take off the whole console round it thats how mine was to be done.

Thanks for all your comments about the car. Glad you like Her!!

My boyfriend is going to attempt to fit the CD player and we were thinking that he will probably have to take the dash apart, which will be a bit of a pain, although definitely worth it.

A girl's got to have her CD collection to keep her happy whilst driving!!

Melanie said:
Thanks for all your comments about the car. Glad you like Her!!

My boyfriend is going to attempt to fit the CD player and we were thinking that he will probably have to take the dash apart, which will be a bit of a pain, although definitely worth it.

A girl's got to have her CD collection to keep her happy whilst driving!!

You just need to remove the centre console to fit the cage into the console din (radio) slot :)

A Haynes manual is a worthy investment!

on the facelifted version there are four screw which you need to undo in order to get at the back of the cd player. 2 can be seen when you take out the ashtray and the other two are just above teh cd player.

Thanks for that. I had spotted the two above the radio but didn't know about the others as I've not had the ash tray out yet.

The boyfriend finally got round to fitting the stereo only to find that it had the wrong connectors. Two trips to Halfords later (they sold us the wrong adaptor the first time) and I had a fully working CD player.

The next problem was the speakers because the passenger side was much louder than the drivers side. After hours of trying to get the door card off we finally found out what the problem was. The drivers speaker was the oldest rustiest speaker you have ever seen. I'm surprised it even worked.

Another trip to Halfords and one set of new Kenwood speakers later and I finally have quality sounding music playing in my car!!

Only problem now is the strange rattling sound that the polythene under the door card makes due to vibrations from the speakers. The boyfriend now has a new task for the weekend!!!

Back