Many problems

CMF_redrustoffroad

» CMF Member
Hi
I have a 2000 year K11 and it has recently displayed the well known symptom of using more fuel than normal (by this, I mean 350 miles from a full tank rather than the usual 400)
I had this investigated and my local garage couldnt tell if it was the either of the lambda sensors or the MAF.
Having read the forums, I started by replacing the MAF - new one from ebay. This didnt make any difference. I was about to start replacing the lambdas when, cruising on the motorway, the speedometer dropped to zero. Along with this the mileometer doesnt register and the fuel gauge became erratic in its reading.
Also the idle is up and down and up and down.

The car runs normally under load, the spark plugs are just on the brown-ish side of normal grey colour, and otherwise all seems well.
Any advice gratefully received.
cheers

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
I had problems like this with the TB on my 2000 model , the original problem was thought to lie with the MAF but the garage ended up changing the whole TB and afterwards the car was fine . the speedo problem could be linked to the idle . as my car is allowed to creep along in neutral the idle suddenly goes up then down every so often , noticed a small reed switch in the back of the speedo ( on cable speedo's that is ) that could be operating something , so the speedo is linked into the "idle" control ?

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
For the speedo not working, physically check the speedo cable all the way down to the box in the engine, typically these things snap after many years of driving,

for ****ty idle (to the point where the car eventually starts stalling at its lowest idle) perhaps change the whole throttle body? It worked wonders for me. My Micra used to stall in idle because of the terrible condition TBody, changed it over and been a dream since.

CMF_Lodo75

» CMF Member
"For the speedo not working, physically check the speedo cable all the way down to the box in the engine, typically these things snap after many years of driving,"
this model has no cable, the speedo is electronic. the 2000 model is a OBDII engine management, maybe read the fault codes will help? personaly i think the problem lies in the tb.

Back