my M.O.T

brake pipe corroded excessively

nearside headlamp not working on main beam

and offside

rear back box exhaust system has a mounting that does not fully support the exhaust system

on wednesday 27 i have booket it in 2 have the brake pipe done

tehe i did think that, but the mot monster always comes at the wrong time! i had a fuse go and a bulb last mot! it was fine 15mins before at my house!

Yep that sort of thing happens all the time, i work at a mot test station and have burst a corroded brake pipe before. i always put planty of force into it because its better to blow in the garage than when you need to do an emergency stop....

my tip, grease your brake pipes.... we paint them with a mix of copper-slip and new engine oil on services, somone has done it to my micra in the past and they are all like new.

My cars was last mot'd in june it failed on corroded brake pipes, blown no. plate lamp, dimming tail lights when hazards switched on, leaking power steering hose, bottom ball joints u/s on both sides, jagged corrosion to the nearside door, leaking nearside rear shock and incorrect headlamp adjustment. Most I put right there and then, but some I couldn't, you got off light James.

cool....i had a problem with my head lights..

now theres a problem with ALL micras in the fact that the fuse box for the headlights is located just behind the radiator...... and is prone to leakage when it rains .... tape the fuse box up cos if the fuses corrode....like mine have.... they wont work properly.....

anyway

there is no free retest anymore. its all computerised and it wont allow a free retest...shame..

also...if your car has had an engine oil leak at some point....dont clean the bottom of the car...or the engine bay,,,,,,,it will save the whole front of the car from corrosion..... my car is an N plate with 101600m on the clock.....and i cant find any rust anywhere.....at all.......none on the doors, none on the sills, none on the cross member....nothing.........i was amaized untill i touched the bottom of the car and it was about 1/2 inch of oil..lol

antony_aiken said:
there is no free retest anymore. its all computerised and it wont allow a free retest...shame..

Anywhere??

Someone mentioned this to me the other day I just thought it was a harsh garage... o_O

MOT's are gonna cost hundreds now :down:

Back