My finished turbo micra (NW England)

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Here are a few pics of my current reliable and economical daily driver...

Micra Turbo ( 10.5/11psi Currently )

152.4 bhp
151 lb/ft Torque

Garret T2 Hybrid
2mm Spacer Plate
HKS Downpipe, full 2.25'' Stainless throughout ( De-cat )
Walbro Uprated Fuel Pump
Adjustable Fuel Pre Reg
Front Mounted Forge Intercooler
Atmospheric BOV
Samco Hoses
1600 Injectors
Apexi SAFC Controller
Splitfire Performance Platinum Plugs ( 3 grades colder )
Splitfire leads
Battery Relocated to boot
Various gagues

Gmax Springs
KYB Shocks
Various body mods ( open grill - open super s bumper - badboy bonnet - debadged - delocked and debadged boot )

etc

img0308bm7.jpg

img0307gu3.jpg

img0303at4.jpg

img0292xi3.jpg

img0312qe6.jpg

img0300wh2.jpg

img0315fq7.jpg

im very happy with the Jdm style look ( bar the bonnet ) and the amazing power..

opinions...?

( When we gonna have a Race JAXX?? Two micra turbos based near Leigh?? )

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
lol

did hyper sports do the turbo conversion for you, or just the dyno run? thats were i have had everything done relating to my turbo conversion.

RACE! i would leave you standing mate lol. no seriously though i need do another 500 mile before its mapped properly, custom fuel rail, injectors.....etc etc. so no raggin it silly for now lol

150bhp is very impressive, you done anything to the internals?

front of your car looks top!!! good work

CMF_Michiel

» CMF Member
Nice work, do you got an engine bay pic also?

Where did you get the 2mm head gasket?
I'm still searching for thicker head gasket.

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
jaxx WROTE:

"lol<BR><BR>did hyper sports do the turbo conversion for you, or just the dyno run? thats were i have had everything done relating to my turbo conversion.<BR><BR>RACE! i would leave you standing mate lol. no seriously though i need do another 500 mile before its mapped properly, custom fuel rail, injectors.....etc etc. so no raggin it silly for now lol<BR><BR>150bhp is very impressive, you done anything to the internals?<BR><BR>front of your car looks top!!! good work<BR><BR>

No, they only did the Power Run and some final mapping..

This is a Home Brew Conversion..
We Need to get a quick razz down the Lancs sometime mate..

Nudger WROTE:

"Nice :)... Any engine bay pics??<BR><BR>Nige

pic attached..

Ive done ALL the bodywork myself ( open Super S bumper etc.. ) and Redone the whole turbo converion myself..

Only the final Spraying and mapping was left to the professionals

cimg2079vj2.jpg

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
we should meet up mate. but the lancs thing is a no no lol. just had my clutch changed, now i cant get in to 1st, 2nd....oohhh and 3rd.....and 4th!!!!!!! mechanics coming later have a look. but all that aside, i still need to do another 500 mile yet before i go in for the 2nd stage of the turbo conversion. so it be me just lookin at your micra for now lol. soon as its drivable am gunna hit these 500 miles in a week!

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
redick69 WROTE:

"home brew alright. makes mad power but.

Car cost me 800 and the work cost me another 1200... that includes the exhaust, the respray.. and mapping

Its scruffy in the engine bay but outside it looks the buisness and has SERIOUS performance.. Cant complain for 2k..

Looking at what SOME people have spent on theirs.. WOW..

lol

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
hope that 'SOME' wasnt refering to me!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. PM me mate i want see this beast, got me gears sorted now so leasts its drivable. show me yours i show you mine lol

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
no mate.. lol..

yer sure.. ive just recently decided on a New block for the summer racing season.. this will give me a chance to tidy up the engine bay and make it look all spick and span..

The current block although 69k is getting rattly ( Its had a hard 1bar life! ) and theres a long run HG problem that I finally want to sort out.. so the cars off the road atm, while I source a Sub 30k block and rebuild it..

I can finally have the car running how I want it and completly rattle free!!.. lol..

Should be sorted in a week or two buddy.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
Ok mate. ive got a block if your interested. PM me i send you over sum pics or somat.

i come on road you go off road! north west aint bigger enough for the both of us mate! lol

CMF_Postmandaz

» CMF Member
niiiiiceeee.... i like the way the torque figure is similar too the BHP figure... sign of a well set up tune i wreckon... i hate high bhp low torque cars.... IE honda's.... piss poor engineering... but too much show for my taste but still a damn good looking car... i like the sleeper look

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
about 110 to 115 I would guess at....

Modifying the CG10DE is just not worth it.. The results from the CG13DE are much greater for the modifications..

Concidering the 1.0 can EASILY be replaced with the 1.3 as they are a direct fit.. its in your greater interest to replace your 1.0 with a 1.3 before ANY mods

However.. any EXTERNAL mods to the engine WILL work if you later replace your 1.0 with a 1.3, as they are the SAME EXTERNALLY..

smidge

» CMF Member
excuse my ignorance (micra newbie) but where did the headlights and bonnet come from? are they custom made or did you order it from somewhere?

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
The headlights are standard items that ive customised and the bonnet is a standard one that ive customised..

What gives the headlights that particular crystal-blue/black look. Is that they have been taken apart and sprayed black inside everywhere bar the main Headlight reflector, also they have been fitted with Those ICE white blubs that have a blue color to the bulb when the lights are off..

When the lights are on they are just a brilliant white.

Also the headlights were bought BRAND new before the modifications so the front glass lenses are Perfectly clean and clear...

Micra headlights after about 3/4 years start to look duller and duller... so a bit crap..

hope this helps

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
so is this the yellow wide arch micra with a white spray job then? were you get all the work done mate. espeacially the full spray job, you gunna have let me av a luk in person?

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
no, the yellow one was stripped and the wide arches are now fitted to my 2.0turbo micra..

This car was originally a 1.3lx Maroon color. Ive done every bit of bodywork modifications myself and got a mate in Oldam to spray it for me... I did all the prepping and stripping to keep the costs down.

With the deep dish alloys, subtle body mods and gloss white paint, it looks perfect for a small jap rocket..

Back