• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my car :)

Next on my list is 22mm arb's, front lower strut brace and possibly a rear strut brace (if I can still get the pram in the back)

Next on my list is 22mm arb's, front lower strut brace and possibly a rear strut brace (if I can still get the pram in the back)
haha well now my back seats are out my work thinks its a van for all the spare timber they cant fit :L need a roof rack soon

I need a roof rack for my bike, doesn't quite fit in the back :(
what kind of bikes do u ride and my friend has this old euro school one he showed me but u need rain gutters and i dont have that so i need just the feet and then we can build it together :)

SAM_0567.jpg
SAM_0566.jpg
i got abit creative with the spray can lol thought id have a go and to see what it looks like :)

Car looking good man... As suggested, tidy up the bump strips and other grey plastic and it'll be sweet! Other than that looking tidy! Whats up with your bonnet though btw? Seems to be sitting high at the hinge, has it been knocked?

Car looking good man... As suggested, tidy up the bump strips and other grey plastic and it'll be sweet! Other than that looking tidy! Whats up with your bonnet though btw? Seems to be sitting high at the hinge, has it been knocked?
hahah thanks dude, its coming together but still not what im wanting it to be lol

if your riasing the bonnet use the long metal rear washers off the top rear seat belt mount... get 4 from the scrappy, then get 4 longer bolts....look at mine to see what they look like. looks 1000x better than crappy small washer that you carnt tell its riased lol

if your riasing the bonnet use the long metal rear washers off the top rear seat belt mount... get 4 from the scrappy, then get 4 longer bolts....look at mine to see what they look like. looks 1000x better than crappy small washer that you carnt tell its riased lol
awesome and i bought longer bolts for it but il look at what washers u got cause i wanna go bigger

Not come across it before, what does it acheive? Does it give the bonnet any problems with locking down or releasing or anything?
ive got no problems with mine and its raised about 15-20mm, it opens and locks fine :L it just gives a different look but it dont acheive anything

Fair enough, was just curious... Not seen it before, always nice to come across something different! :)
oh yeh, its fun doing stuff to cars u dont expect realy, i see alot of corsa's and puntos and never a micra so its fun getting the looks and smiles wen u go past :L

The whole point of raising the bonnet is to aid with keeping engine bay temps down, a few people have done it to micras in the past, it just isn't something that's caught on :)

It does work abit my engine was alot cooler than with it not raised, suppose it could help on track due to micras have small rads. Seen 106's over heat after a few laps of abuse ;) and the rads are double size of a micras.

The whole point of raising the bonnet is to aid with keeping engine bay temps down, a few people have done it to micras in the past, it just isn't something that's caught on :)
i was gonna say, that ive herd about but i didnt realy understand how it does? but it does look cool haha

im getting them done saturday cause the bloke couldnt get the week off :( but wen there on i will show u :D hows yours going? how far did u get back after we bumped started it
i,m eager to see how yours sits with them on mate :)
and yes, we spat the water out of the cyl when we pushed it backwards, then it fired up fine and ran ok on 3 eh, but i only got as far as the motorway when it dropped to 2 cyl and started to run really rough

i,m eager to see how yours sits with them on mate :)
and yes, we spat the water out of the cyl when we pushed it backwards, then it fired up fine and ran ok on 3 eh, but i only got as far as the motorway when it dropped to 2 cyl and started to run really rough
well i cant wait to see what it sits like :) at least u got back dude, thats the main point but a big shame u had to leave soo early :/ but it was a fun day and cant wait for the next meet. were is the next place?

SAM_0575.jpg

new bonnet raisers :) thanks squarepants for them, need to do another meet sometime

Just a thought on your risers when your sat on idle (a queue etc) the fumes will be drawn straight into the heater/blower from the top of the front slam pannel right into the cabin.....

I noticed this (saying that iv got alot more holes drilled into mine) but its worth the a heads up :)

Just a thought on your risers when your sat on idle (a queue etc) the fumes will be drawn straight into the heater/blower from the top of the front slam pannel right into the cabin.....

I noticed this (saying that iv got alot more holes drilled into mine) but its worth the a heads up :)
i understand what u mean, but ive not had any fumes so its okay lol

the shorter springs with the open coils were alto rears (fitted to the front i believe)
and the ones with more/closer coils were wagon r rears

Back