• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Car, second time around

I first owned this micra in 2007, and started this blog - http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/guyh08s-red-k11.29288/

I then decided to sell the Micra in 2009 and purchased a Twingo RS 133 Cup, but infortunatly after 5ish weeks, smashed it in to a tree and wrote it off causing £29k damage in total.

photo-1-1.jpg

As i was 19 when i crashed, a £29k claim makes it tricky to get insured on anything! So i bought a Citroen C1,

I then realised how much i missed my Micra, so contacted the person i sold it to and made them an offer, and thats how i eneded up back with my car, with 36k miles on the clock :) only 4k more than when i sold it! :D

It has been off the road for a few months, I am getting rid of the C1 in November as i will then have 2 years no claims since i crashed, this is when i will have the micra on the road :D

There are some of the major things that need to be done to the car before it will be fit for the road;
  1. New number plates as the old ones had leaked water and gone horrible
  2. New front windscreen as there is a large crack
  3. Battery holder
Once the car is on the road i intend to go for a rally look with a red and cream theme

Mods intended
  1. Competition janspeed maifold and full system
  2. Competition cams
  3. Green cotton nanostorm induction
  4. Speedline type 2108 wheels
  5. New bucket seats and harnesses
  6. Upper front strut brace and uprated anti-roll bars
  7. Car has been lowered 60mm but i want some better shocks
  8. Larger breaks
  9. Remap
  10. Other little things such as mud flaps etc...
I have stripped the car to reduce weight as much as possible and am starting to get the car ready for the MOT

photo.jpg

Today i made some door cards just in case the doors would not be suitible for the MOT.

I am thinking of going for a red and cream theme for the car.
photodoor.jpg

Here is how the car stands currently

pho2222to.jpg

pho2to.jpg

phot22o.jpg

He would eventually!

Well... Approx £15 for the car, £9k injuries to my passengers, £2k for breaking a telegraph pole, and various other charges for them having to close the rode etc...

He would eventually!

Well... Approx £15 for the car, £9k injuries to my passengers, £2k for breaking a telegraph pole, and various other charges for them having to close the rode etc...

Well if you're gonna do it may as well do it in style, eh!? :)

Main thing is you're alright anyway... and back in the Micra fold...

Exactly my thoughts!
Did learn a lot from it to be honest...

Just can't wait to get my micra back I the road, its horrible having it there and not being able to use it!
I'll keep this updated regularly

This is why my insurance is high ;)

Get those wheels swapped over and get this thing slammed :D Looking forward to some more pics

This is why my insurance is high ;)

Get those wheels swapped over and get this thing slammed :D Looking forward to some more pics

Yeh I'm sorry about that! :( mine isn't exactly cheap ;)

New wheels are on my list :) I want to go a bit lower but dont want to ruin the handling

Back