Bad week for me and my micra :(

Well, where do i start. Sunday i replaced my plugs and leads and one of the old plugs fell right into the engine and wouldnt budge. Eventually fell out when going around a tight roundabout.

Tuesday i almost had a baaad crash. Still dont know how i managed to avoid it. All i know is i would know be dead if i didn't

Yestarday (wednesday) I did actually crash :( (well someone crashed into me)
Its still drivable but i know it will be a right off as the door, rear quater panel smashed in. The sill, inner and lower door (and probably chassis) are all twisted, my seatbelt wont retract on its own. oh yeah and me window winder fell off lol.

Then today got pulled at the bottom of my road by the fuzz. For speeding (completely my own fault i know), he'd been following me all from the begging of the dual carrigeway, to the bottom of my road. He said i was doing 85mph in the 70mph part. But seemed alright, had a word with me, done a police check thing, then checked my tyres etc. But let me on my way without giving me anything. Just told me to take it steady.

Question i know the policeman never gave me a ticket or producer at the side of the road, but can/will they send me anything through the post?

Cheers

no they wont

bummer about the car

keep at it....may be things will turn around and you will become a practiiced micra superhero soon..lol

photos of them plugs would be interesting...especially the plug-threads...

no they wont

bummer about the car

keep at it....may be things will turn around and you will become a practiiced micra superhero soon..lol

photos of them plugs would be interesting...especially the plug-threads...

doesnt he mean the plug fell behind the engine and not into it?? like near the gearbox/starter motor/gear linkage...

Wow i feel for you, thats a lot of bad luck.. That must of been pretty scary with the police, i take it they where in an unmarked car. they have been doing a lot of random stop searches in my area, i havent been pulled yet though lol

i would say that getting away with doing 85mph is pretty good luck mate:)

sorry to hear about the car though, hope you work it out soon.

Thats what i thought his plug fell into the engine (cylinder or combustion chamber) perhaphs bits of it having been broken, but then .......he saw it rolling down the road as he made a tight turn around the round about!!!:laugh:

Its always worth looking for a foreign object if you know its fallen into your engine bay and not hit the floor. Its not like the micra has a tight engine bay :)

DOnt worry about getting a ticket, by the sounds of it he just gave you a warning. The police will normally do you on the spot if they will do you.... Just be more careful ;)

Yeah, i ment not in the stuck in the actual engine, it was under the throttle body somewhere, i could only just see it. When it fell out the car must have thought my car was a right wreck with spark plugs falling out whilst driving lol.

Yeah i was lucky with the police especially as at one point my needle was closer to 100 (oops). And no it wasn't unmarked. I still can believe i missed it. Especially as it was a 4x4 as well *smacks head*. I got told today he couldn't have done anything as he was on his todd. Apparently they need a witness or something???

But yeah, cheers for the support :)

Back