My baby has been taken away

TJW

Ex. Club Member
The cops are after taking my K10 away from me to get checked out by one of their mechanics cause they test drove it after someone reported me for dangerous driving saying that i was all over the road. The cops said after they test drove it on the worst road in the town that the steering was off and pulling to the left and that there was no brakes that they had to use the handbrake to help slow down.

Whats worse is that i ave a fair idea who reported me cause there was only one car behind me and she was staying quiet a fair bit behind me, and its a very distinct car as its a two seater merc smart car sorta like a roadster and its the only in the area.

As far as i am aware you are allowed to stand there and watch them check over your vehicle! I wouldnt let them mess you about, go to the Citizens advice beuro people an ask them for advice

I was on the side of the road beside the other guard while the other one drove it. i saw him turning the steering from side to side really quickly as he passed.

If the breaks really don't work and the stearing does pull badly to one side then they have good reason to want to check you'r car out. It is strange though, only times ive ever had the police think my car is unsafe they have given me this form thing and i have gone down to my local mot garage that i always get my car's mot'd at and they check the car over and stamp the form and give me a new mot and i hand over £39 :) However, if the breaks and steering arent dodgy then you have nothign to worry about. and if they are the car shouldnt havce been on the road and you wouldnt have been pulled over.
Owen

Back