must do things to your micra, weather its for the funnies or for real...

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
solar panel to charge the battery, in the sunroof hole is a must in the sunny whether :)

Attachments

• 61946.jpg
    61946.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 13

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
david WROTE:

"what fuel savings would you attribute to the solar panel, if it is measurable at all?

i,ve no idea david, i can commute (35miles) with the alternator belt removed in mid summer, and run the alt with a 2 x bigger pulley (and very slack belt) for the rest of the year

CMF_sr20micramike

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"david WROTE:<BR><BR>"what fuel savings would you attribute to the solar panel, if it is measurable at all?"</DIV><BR><BR>i,ve no idea david, i can commute (35miles) with the alternator belt removed in mid summer, and run the alt with a 2 x bigger pulley (and very slack belt) for the rest of the year

why would you want to??

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Reduces the forse applied to the engine pulley, Therefore using less engine power than standard and Giving more power to the car to drive with. instead of reclaiming electricity through running the alternator

CMF_sr20micramike

» CMF Member
Greo WROTE:

"Reduces the forse applied to the engine pulley, Therefore using less engine power than standard and Giving more power to the car to drive with. instead of reclaiming electricity through running the alternator

the gains would be minimal though, probably a percentage of one bhp..or kw

you would probably gain more power improving the aero dynamics of the micra?

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
sr20micramike WROTE:

"frank2 WROTE:

"david WROTE:

"what fuel savings would you attribute to the solar panel, if it is measurable at all?"</div>

i,ve no idea david, i can commute (35miles) with the alternator belt removed in mid summer, and run the alt with a 2 x bigger pulley (and very slack belt) for the rest of the year"</div>

why would you want to??

Saving fuel in a micra? Haha they use bugger all anyway!

Back