car half done :)
okay guys i have done things to my micra sr,
current mods;
-sportex backbox
-mid de-cat
-lowered
- stripped interior
- induction kit

can you give me any ideas which i could do for styling and my abit of power :)

fix all the holes please so we dont lose another to the scrappy :D and i could always take a look when your home mate :)

oh that to bad man. how is the valley ? and i have decided that i am going to install a air fuel ratio gauge and also take the, side strips of and try and get my hands on a ligthened freewheel :)

yea man i dont want to change the engine firstly two expensive and just want the original engine and want to rebuild it next year and change the pistons gasket and other things and make the engine basically new :) also i need to look at some body work and welding because the rear archs have rusted away :'(

lack of oil pressure can cause serious damage to the engine internals as i can causes oil starvation to vital components and too much could burst seals and end very badly

yea but why would you want to know the oil pressure ? it just oil at the end of the day or am i missing a point ?

Ok look at it like this.. If I'd known what my oil pressure was then I'd have known how serious my oil leak was.

No it's not just oil, believe it or not but oil is a very important part of an engine

oil is the blood of an engine. the journal bearings of an engine rides on a thin supporting film of pressurised oil (imagine a hovercraft riding on a cusion of bleeding air).
the oil system is basically a controlled leak.

the pressure of oil supplied to any journal bearing is determined by:
a- main oil supply pressure (after the pump & filter but before the first orifice)
b- how much pressure has been lost (leaked) to the earlier bearings further up the oil stream
c- the clearance between the two bearing parts (tighter the tolerance - higher the pressure. like a finger on the end of a hose)

without adequate oil pressure on any specific journal bearing, the film of oil cannot support the forces of the two rotating parts and so they contact and wear away more material = bigger clearance = less pressure and makes it worse.

most oil pressure sensors are measuring from point A.

a lower than normal pressure reading at operating temperatures could mean either:
1. (assuming bearing tolerances are good) the oil supply before the sensor is insufficient (ie pickup starvation, worn pump, faulty oil regulator, blocked filter)
2. (assuming oil supply side is good) the combined bearing clearances and any other orifice is too much, leaking alot of oil and losing pressure.
3. or both

oh okay thanks paul and thanks karlj i understand, so without a proper oil leak the engine it would be bad, which cause engine problem. thanks

Back