BL$#DY HELL! Jap march things that dont fit the OZ/UK MICRA!

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
Hi all, i just thought id post some of the FRUSTRATING THINGS that i have "BOUGHT" and then "GOTTEN ALL EXCITED ABOUT" and then when its come to fit them......AAAAAARGH! maybe you guys/gals know of more. i think it would be a good thread for those who hum and har.."Does this fit....(without spending bucketloads of money?) anyway, these are "FROM EXPERIENCE" so to speak.

JAPANESE DASH CLUSTERS! FUEL GAUGE AND WATER TEMP GAUGES DONT WORK! BLOODY thing has cost me heaps. 220 bucks for the fuel gauge sender unit! 50 bucks for the water temp sensor gauge sender unit! AAAARGH! this is the one that has pissed me off most! anyway.... onto the next one....

NISMO CLEAR SIDE INDICATORS! they dont fit the micra. existing hole is too big for them.

Yesterday, i got my recaro seat rails from japan. ive been hangin out so long to get them and they finally arrived. bolted them to the recaro seats, took out the terrible standard seat, and put the new one in place. and then, as i was doing up the bolts, there was no way i could align the holes on the rail to the holes in the floor! the two on the trans tunnel in the middle of the car line up... but the ones on the outer side ie closer to the door are about 10 mm outside the holes in the floor. anyways... got to pay a welder to cut the tabs and reweld.

Japanese indicator and wiper modules.... have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN COMMON with the oz/uk models APART FROM THE FACT THAT THEY ARE BOTH BLACK IN COLOUR!. more $$$$$ wasted.

ive still got the nismo suspension to fit today, the nismo bushes to fit, impul exhaust also arrived. i hope these all bolt up with no drama. i dont think my frail little heart can take much more. anyways, maybe other forum members can add to this list from personal experience. it should help those who wish to do modifications to refer to this post first before parting with your cash before you know exactly what is involved.

cheers all....

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi GTRHolic,

I am sorry to hear you have had all these problems with Japanese spec parts. A real shame you can't use them !. Those Nismo gauges would be excellent.

I would have thought that march/micra parts like gauges & indicator switches would be identical specs (but perhaps made by different vendors) for the UK & Japanese factories.... but this is obviously not the case.

Thanks for the info. I am sure you have saved some CMF members a lot of time & money.

I will add a new entry in the technical articles section for things confirmed not to fit with these details.

Good luck with the Nismo suspension kit installation. Please let us know how your car drives & handles afterwards. It should be really good.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hehe chris gave me a call before. he was sounding very, very happy.

Apparently the new exhaust on his micra has made him a VERY happy gtrholic...

Hehe can't wait to see how much quicker it is than my own. :p

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
ah thats a shame you go those things. i could have said all those things dont fit as i have salvaged a complete march before. i used to have a post on micraholics listing all the different parts, dont think its still archived though.
i did actually manage to get the standard march seatframes to fit my micra but i had to put full bodyweight on them to bend them a little and then quickly do up the bolts. i guess bucket frames would be stiffer though.
put a post up with any other march parts you might be getting and i could recall if they are similar or not.

cisco

» CMF Member
Man that sucks. Bad luck. Sorry to hear about your pain with all those bits. Just so annoying!!!

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Not at all surprised about the dash cluster, N14 has a number of different versions with different wiring:
-GTiR
-Jap spec N14 GTi (SR18DE)
-Oz sec SSS (SR20DE)
-other versions for vehicles with smaller engines....

Back