Mounting Induction Kit

is the piece with holes in it long enough to bend around the pipe and bolt together as a clamp and then to the body somewhere, Theres only 3 large jublee clips so they go on induction kit and on the 90 degree bend where it mounts the throttle body and where it joins the aluminium pipe

I've been searching on ebay and saw the very same kit but I'm still going attempt to make one myself.

lol i kind of made a bodge job of it now.... clamped one small bit onto a jubilee clip and then bolted that to the longer bit of clamp and then bolted that onto some hole the factory induction used..... hmmm should be okay anyway i hope

Was just thinking about buying one of these. I heard there were some fitting issues. Do you think it's worth the money? What do you think of it overall?

simular to what i had/have on mine:

DSC00322-B.jpg

bobb: its ok well i think it will be once i figure out how to mount it properly... until then its abit of a pain...

hoodedreeper: how have you mounted that to your car?? or arnt you using brackets and just letting it rest?

thanks

Looks like a cable tie holding it in place..

I have a similar set up (pics early in my blog), but it just rests in place.

Brackets are pointless I've got the same kit and I discovered that they isn'tanywhere to put them lol also realised that the blue sleeve that goes on the tb has a hole in for some strange reason (hole is there as standard not because its broken) and so had to fill that otherwise the kit would be pointless

i found a way of mounting it :) i can show you a picture if you want its a total bodge though...

also what did you use to fill the hole with? i left it as i thought maybe its there for a reason.....

is the hole there for a pipe to come off for a breather pipe to attatch to as in the pic or does the smaller blue pipe come off the air filter

no its not for a breather.. theres another hole for that. this is on the rubber thing that comes off the throttle body.. its quite weird... but what you use to fill this with?? thanks

I used a nut an bolt lol didn't bother with brackets got some rubber strapping (usually used on exaghsts) and used that to hold it in place dont fancy it smashing into my ABS points. Problem i found with it is it fit fine on my old k11 ( non abs) but when i upgraded to my new SR (with ABS) i had to cut 6.5 inch off pipe so it fit lol

Back