CR14DE induction kit

Looked around, haven't found the answer on this forum or Google...

I have a Pipercross Viper closed induction cone, with a cold air feed and a 1" rubber pipe for fitting it to another pipe.

I can't for the life of me see any way to fit it - the air box looks to be part of the rocker cover, with the bottom half of the box coming off to change the panel.

Where would I be looking to install my cone? I thought of perhaps using the existing box, with the PX cone at its inlet, and craft a gasket to replace the seal that the panel makes currently.

Actually, I think I've answered my own question. I was browsing and found K&N's installation instructions for their own induction kit.

http://www.knfilters.com/instructions/57-0591_inst.pdf

They have made what is effectively an open panel filter, with a couple of cold air feed pipes heading up to it.

Seems I was on the right lines with my idea to seal the existing box and connect the cone to the existing inlet. That, or sell my Viper kit and replace it with the K&N version. Certainly looks better than a replacement panel, as it includes two cold air feed pipes.

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
Hi mate glad you've answered you own question just noticed in your signature the drop your after an thought i'd post to say that will make no real diffrence to a k12's arch gap even on 17" rims i have had mine running on 50 mm all round drop and a 35 rear 50mm front drop an wouldn't reccomend anything below a 50mm drop however i will have both a set of 35mm and a set of 50mm lowering springs up for sale soon if your interested

Hi Dragonmaster, thanks for the advice. I have my eye on a set of adjustable coilovers, which have a drop of 25-80mm, easily adjustable with an included wrench. The reason I'm concerned with a drop over 30mm is the number of speedbumps around here, including on my road - so I can't avoid them!

It's more about the handling improvements (together with some nice skinny rubber) than cosmetics. Also, my probable wheels - Momo Corse

I'll probably go for 16" after all - in my opinion the K12 looks better with a bit more rubber and a bit less wheel.