Bodge Job Induction Kit

I wouldn't entrust myself to do a good job of it ... haha anyone know a custom shop who could make one? I was thinking about a new/ different bonnet anyways so ..

I wouldn't entrust myself to do a good job of it ... haha anyone know a custom shop who could make one? I was thinking about a new/ different bonnet anyways so ..
That's what my place does :) it'll just be harder with half a workshop :p
And your milesss away. I'm middle east coast england

Fun fact for you chaps following this feed:
The Nissan Micra K12C 1.0 litre engine has a 0-60 of 16 seconds and roughly 64 bhp.

Anyways, so I went out and bought a Pipercross Induction Kit for a Nissan Micra 1.0 litre and some other parts to attach it onto the car. So i spent all of last Saturday putting it together and fixing it onto the car with the impression 'ahhhh well, it'll sound cool at least'. So, after fixing it onto the car, I took the Nissan out for a test drive to make sure the kit wouldn't fall off or come loose or anything. Went out of the drive, put my foot down and the car leapt forwards, to which my reaction was 'funny, didn't go that fast before i dont think .....'.

So i went to my favourite straight and empty road, came to a complete stop, got my watch out, stuck my foot down and began timing. Results: 0-60 in 11.5 seconds.

Went straight home, got out my calculator and pen and did some Maths. Result: 95 bhp ........ from an induction kit.

Drove to school and back today, as you do at my age, and opened up the bonnet the second I got home to check on the induction kit. Result: ice cold. Good sign, eh? And for £180 of work, %50 more bhp isn't half bad.

It's fine haha I'll have a look around and see if there's anything I'd like you to mimic in terms of bonnets :) and i know, it shouldn't theoretically be possible ....... but how else would the 0-60 time increase by that much? I mean, even if the ECU just injected more fuel to compensate for the higher air intake, that's still sticking up the bhp. And torque can't increase without bhp increasing, can it?

Haha surely you didnt base the horsepower increase mathematically on the time increase?
Was the original 0-60 time one that you timed yourself in your car, or was it from the web?

To be honest, and ive been toying with ideas for an induction setup on mine, but havent. My 12SR (108hp factory) has what looks to be the same induction setup as other CR engine K12's and it goes like the clappers. Now if the induction was that restrictive on a normal 1.0 or 1.2, surely it wouldve needed to be changed on the 12SR? no. Maybe the intake manifold is longer, but not the air box and air intake side of things.

Manufacturers release a slower time than the actual time. This covers them for speed differences in batches of engines. If you bought a car that was 0.1 seconds slower than suggested you'd be pee'd off... and if its faster.. well you're happy then yes :)
Though a pipercross induction kit will last the life of your car iirc

Hmmm where abouts exactly?

Thats mine mate its easy enough to do yourself tbh, i did my own on my metal bonnet!

ramsey_zpsba90840b.jpg

Autocrash down middle river did the cutting / body work on the GRP one

Manufacturers release a slower time than the actual time. This covers them for speed differences in batches of engines. If you bought a car that was 0.1 seconds slower than suggested you'd be pee'd off... and if its faster.. well you're happy then yes :)
Though a pipercross induction kit will last the life of your car iirc

That does make sense ........ still, idk why it seems to go faster/ is faster :/ idk anymore haha

Thats mine mate its easy enough to do yourself tbh, i did my own on my metal bonnet!

ramsey_zpsba90840b.jpg

Autocrash down middle river did the cutting / body work on the GRP one

That's a nice car :O And I do quite like the bonnet design .... but if I were to go for something more coupe-sports style like your super typical NFS carbon fibre bonnet with the grills either side of the hood scoop, how do-able would that be on a scale of 1 to 10? And not necessarily in carbon fibre, btw

As long as you've a template its simple. Cut that out put scoop grill in. Attach with an adhesive or pop rivets.. or both. Then fill it smooth :) I'd say a 3/4
1 being a wheel change 10 being a gearbox rebuild

How do-able would a DV style bonnet be? And would you have a template to work from for either the final bonnet or the original bonnet? (excuse the copyright marks on the picture ;) )

Attachments

• hd1011vwgti-dv_01.jpg
    hd1011vwgti-dv_01.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 254
Is that a rhetorical question? And myself and Morcs both have K12s so it's different ........ very different ....... quite possibly the worst car to try and modify because of the tiny engine compartment

amen to that, trying to service the damn thing was a PITA, what kind of moron puts the oil filter about an inch and a half away from a manifold?

amen to that, trying to service the damn thing was a PITA, what kind of moron puts the oil filter about an inch and a half away from a manifold?

The morons at Nissan apparently .........

And I did time the 0-60 before I put the induction kit on and I consistently got 15-16 seconds .......

well, yes ..... because Google won't accept "What is this little filtery type thing that came with my induction kit?". Not only because it's not too specific, but also because no-one on the planet seems to know the contents of an induction kit from Pipercross, even the companies who have them sitting in the back but can't be arsed to go and open a box to have a look

Back