Air induction kit.

Hello people! I have a question and that is would this kit fit on a my 2000 1 litre nissan micra k11? And is it worth it? Let me know just looking for abit of help. Thank you

Pindex Universal Air Intake Filter: 3" Alumimum Pipe Air Intake Induction Kit Cold Air Flow Kit with Clamp for Car Automobile Racing Engine - Red https://amzn.eu/d/6DXhnlU

Here's a link to view

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220714-204650_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220714-204650_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    536.9 KB · Views: 115
is it worth it?
depends why you are fitting it. if it's to get more power, then nope, if anything you may be reducing the power (and a 1.0 seems like that's a bad idea). air in+fuel in+gases out, if you don't do all three right, you don't get good power you get no power. you'll also be taking used, warm air from inside the bay (there is a reason the air intake is in front).

if it's to make cool induction noises, fine, but your in a 1.0, it won't be that nice of a noise.

if it's to make girls moist...... never mind.

in short, save your money, build up your no claims, buy a bigger engined car. if you want to annoy your neighbours, chuck a stupid exhaust on it instead. It will still be pointless, but at least you won't be able to hear it.

depends why you are fitting it. if it's to get more power, then nope, if anything you may be reducing the power (and a 1.0 seems like that's a bad idea). air in+fuel in+gases out, if you don't do all three right, you don't get good power you get no power. you'll also be taking used, warm air from inside the bay (there is a reason the air intake is in front).

if it's to make cool induction noises, fine, but your in a 1.0, it won't be that nice of a noise.

if it's to make girls moist...... never mind.

in short, save your money, build up your no claims, buy a bigger engined car. if you want to annoy your neighbours, chuck a stupid exhaust on it instead. It will still be pointless, but at least you won't be able to hear it.
Well, I've tried OEM box, conical filter with pipe behind the battery and an HKS mushroom replica straight to the TB, and I must say I haven't really noticed a decrease (nor increase, obviously) in power, but it seems more lively on low rpm's. I wouldn't say it's just placebo effect, as it doens't sound that much until 4-4.5k rpm's, but it might be that as it sucks more air, it doesn't matter it's density is lower, so the negative effect of temperature offsets with the direct air intake.

OFC, that means nothing if it's not tested on the dyno. Also, I have now installed a lightened flywheel and the 1.0 short gearbox, so my current experience is biased. However, I used the same intake setup before mounting those and my feeling (and some others I speak to) it's that it gets a little bit livelier on the low end with the filter directly on top of the TB.

Another setup we like if the car has no aircon is to place the filter right where the horn originally is, getting air straight from the grille. My issue is I have aircon and the heat exchanger is right there, blocking the air and leaving no space. That way, you have a filter catching more air, fresh from the outside and forced by speed. However, you have to shield the pipe as it runs straight over the exhaust mani for the system to make sense.

Well, it was long. That's my 2 cents in the conversation, without real knowledge about the fluid dynamics involved.

I didn't notice I'd slipped in the K11 section, sorry for the intrusion, I must have hit the new posts button. still, an interesting conversation to be had so if you don't mind the new fangled K12 driver sticking his oar in for a few moments more.

Seat of the pants dyno has always been a thing, but you aren't going to notice 3hp loss really (bit like end of a year before a service where you can be down 3-6hp because th air filter's full of smut, the plugs are coked up and the oil isn't working as well).
It might change the power curve slightly, most things you do to the way an engine breaths do. this is what you will notice from your arse in the seat, but over the entire curve on a 0-60 run, it's so small as to make no real difference. without tuning to match though, all you are really feeling is a slightly quicker uptake in the revs, this doesn't mean more power though.

taking air from straight behind the grill is a good idea, it extends your flow path to the throttle body which can have detrimental effects on the flow if not managed correctly still better than dirty hot air from in the engine bay though. :)

still not convinced it's worth it.

K12 driver interlude over, thanks for the chat. :)

I didn't notice I'd slipped in the K11 section, sorry for the intrusion, I must have hit the new posts button. still, an interesting conversation to be had so if you don't mind the new fangled K12 driver sticking his oar in for a few moments more.

Seat of the pants dyno has always been a thing, but you aren't going to notice 3hp loss really (bit like end of a year before a service where you can be down 3-6hp because th air filter's full of smut, the plugs are coked up and the oil isn't working as well).
It might change the power curve slightly, most things you do to the way an engine breaths do. this is what you will notice from your arse in the seat, but over the entire curve on a 0-60 run, it's so small as to make no real difference. without tuning to match though, all you are really feeling is a slightly quicker uptake in the revs, this doesn't mean more power though.

taking air from straight behind the grill is a good idea, it extends your flow path to the throttle body which can have detrimental effects on the flow if not managed correctly still better than dirty hot air from in the engine bay though. :)

still not convinced it's worth it.

K12 driver interlude over, thanks for the chat. :)

The group a airbox should give some gains. And this was one of the few that actually did. A group a airbox mounts next to the rad and is a ram air setup.