Mot's

B

Baker

Hi people Tokk my k10 in for it's test the other day & it failed on:

-Near side front tyre on limits
-The sunstripe is 1cm too long
-Near side sill has got bodge skimmed over it
-Off side rear sill needs a 3 x 2cm plate welded to it. (which wasn't there last time)

But my point is that its stood on a drive for 6 months when it had its last pre mot & it only failed on the inside if the near side sill needed plating. So fair enough I had the welding done & he failed it on the above. So Ive decided to take up the offer from a collegues dad & he's going to sort it out for me including the welding & mot. Anybody else had identicle problems with garages??

Baker said:
Hi people Tokk my k10 in for it's test the other day & it failed on:

-Near side front tyre on limits
-The sunstripe is 1cm too long
-Near side sill has got bodge skimmed over it
-Off side rear sill needs a 3 x 2cm plate welded to it. (which wasn't there last time)

But my point is that its stood on a drive for 6 months when it had its last pre mot & it only failed on the inside if the near side sill needed plating. So fair enough I had the welding done & he failed it on the above. So Ive decided to take up the offer from a collegues dad & he's going to sort it out for me including the welding & mot. Anybody else had identicle problems with garages??

[www.a69autoparts.co.uk best place for your spares in the north east]

i had to weld my sills twice for an MOT, sunstrip is a fair point, if it touches your window wipers its a reason for rejection, your tyre being bald - well theres no room for appeal there is there, if its bald its bald its not going to pass an MOT,fire the spare on if you cant get another tyre!

Daz :alien:

With this new computerised MOT it's easier for VOSA to check so garages are being alot more stringant. My local garage had been caught out a few weeks before I last went in so my car had never been looked at so closely :p

Yeah not really a fault with the garage for calling you on dodgey tyres and rusty bodywork! A dodgey garage would have passed it knowing it wasnt road safe.

Hope it gets sorted tho

i know this is abit off topic, but iv heard you can fail your mot if you have a dodgy spare wheel! as i say, off topic....lol

simmo said:
i know this is abit off topic, but iv heard you can fail your mot if you have a dodgy spare wheel! as i say, off topic....lol

Correct!

However if your spare is that dodgey, just take it out. They wont fail you for not having one.

where we are we never test the spare, its not a testable item, however, if you get pulled by the hawaii 5 0 then they can issue u points and a fine if it is flat, damaged etc..but iv never heard of a spare failing a test.

guess what the k10's going to a garage on saturday to be sorted out, oh yeah!!, it'll show what japenese cars are made of.

Back