Mot

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
ok, so I have my MOT booked in for thursday. I've changed my CV Boots which were gone and also changed my brake pads which were ready. Seats are all bolted in fine and harnesses are e marked. What are the other common problems that people have failed on, so I know that I've not missed anything when I check.

blubs, make sure ALL ur bulbs are working.

Check sills for rust - give them a good knock with the end of your screwdriver - not a hammer!

Take your car out for a spin and place it on full lock either way and drive in circles to make sure ur CV joints are ok - if not u'll hear a clicking noise. once thats don't double check the boots are still on.

Tyer tread depth.

Any cracks in your windscreen? if you have a sun strip make sure the wiper blades don't touch it as depending on the station they can fail that too.

have you removed both decats - if you have thats a failure there so you'll need to put one decat back on.

Think thats about it.

wilsonian said:
have you removed both decats - if you have thats a failure there so you'll need to put one decat back on.

No - a De-cat pipe is a pipe which replaces the cat - so put both Cats back in.

###### i ment have you removed the cats as i'm sure the k11's have two cats - one in the manifold and one further down the system.

If you remove the Cat in the middle the car or the manifold one it will pass however if you remove both it'll fail. hence recommending replacing one for the test.

also, a corroded rear brake pipe is common failure. the one that comes out of the load compensator and goes over the rear axel to the driver's side.

Out of those, I only have a crack in my windscreen, at the center, right at the top. Not deep, can't feel the crack on either side, and it's not in line of sight or in the swipe of the wipers.

Back