N/S front xmember and O/S rear lower sill excessive corrosion- MOT fail

My 1999 T reg Nissan Micra 1.0 GX has failed its MOT - miserably! :( I'm not ready to send him to the scrap heap just yet. I've had this car since new and it's always been a good car for me, always reliable. The past two MOT's, its failed due to corrosive problems (sills) and had some welding the last time which I thought would have sorted the problem. Also, have had a problem with CV joint in the past but not sure what that means? I can't claim any knowledge of car mechanics and have always relied on the garage servicing my car to take care of my Micra. Although, I have now lost faith in them and don't think they really are bothered about rescuing my car from death. (Apologies for the dramatics).
I am based in Norfolk. Can anyone help direct me to somebody who loves Micras and is capable of doing a great welding job to get my car in good condition so that I can have many more years running Max the Micra? The garage quoted £200 for a new cross member and that's before doing any work to fix it up!
Hope someone can help with some info and directions. Thanks.

You can get a brand new front cross member on eBay for around £26 including delivery (item no. 191272491849). Buy it yourself and take it to your welder, probably cost well under £200 for part and labour. As for the sills, I've got the same problem. CV joint wont cost much, might just need the rubber boot replaced or if it's the entire joint, probably easiest to grab the whole driveshaft from a scrapyard.

Steve1973, thanks for taking time to read my post and also for your advice. I will check the ebay listing out. I was told by garage who carry out my service and MOT that I would have to get the crossmember from Nissan. Now, I just have to find a reputable person to carry out the welding to a standard that will pass MOT. Thanks.

Does anyone know of a decent welder in Norfolk (NR20 or nearby) that carries out welding on cars (crossmember and sills)? Need a recommendation ASAP. Thanks.

Back