MOT question

hi my mot is due next month and i thought my exhaust was blowing but on further inspection im pretty sure the exhaust baffle has gone so its puffing rather than blowing through a hole in the box or anything.

is this an mot failure? its not actually that bad but i did notice it.

if its too noisy it could fail on noise, but main thing is emissions. if it meets the criteria then its fine. smoke shouldnt be a reason for failure ASLONG as emissions are fine unless its blowing a hell of alot of smoke

oh no its not really. infact its pretty normal i.e more on start ups/cold start ups and fading out the longer its driven

mot is due in march. i havent even had this fixed. its just started to cause me problems (sounds quite loud now).

how much will this cost me to get fixed?

which town do you live in london? you will need to replace new backbox so it will be about £28ish from euro car parts. the labour will be about £30ish.

ok cheers thank you.
i went tyre trax before for my old micra it needed a new back box then as well due to a small hole and that cost me £60 so hopefully will be the same although that was about 3 years ago.

ok cheers thank you.
i went tyre trax before for my old micra it needed a new back box then as well due to a small hole and that cost me £60 so hopefully will be the same although that was about 3 years ago.
I bought a new backbox from eBay for just £25.

Fitting it was rather simple, you need to be a little savvy with tools but doesn't require anything special. Couple spanners, ratchet. But it's easily a DIY job and could save you a small fortune :)

do it yourself, if not, see if a family member can do it for you, honestly its not worth the £30 a garage would chage to fit it its a 10 min change over..

Back