Cars in for MOT

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Cars gone in for MOT with a Nissan dealer, nervous as usual, even though I do my best to look after it you always know there's only so much you can do.

Spent last night going over it, finally found out an annoying squeakibg is actually a bumper mount! Phew!
Topped up all fluids in car, looked for rust and tested all lights, so far so good.

Only problem I have was no reg plate lights so I devised an ingenious set up!

I cable tied through the holes and hotglued the lights to them, they're now secure and facing on plate, excellent....except.....didn't know they had to be covered so can not be seen, guy said you might fail or get warning, said I got one coming off eBay but he thinks the MOTer may offer to fit a Nissan priced handle...no thanks, rather lose car for another day and have a free re-test.

Am more confident then usual though, really learnt from previous micras so bit more luck I'll be back in my baby soon.
Cool thing about the dealer is when I said I'd ring back to confirm as I had to arrange lift to work he asked where I worked, I explained where and how far, next he said he'll have someone drop me off, excellent! Got a lift in a nice black K12.

Good luck BEF, see you soon

good luck mate, hope you fare better than I did, and you mustn't be able to see the white lights from behind the car.

Tophams then I'd probably pass if I took the whole exhaust off!

Shame not at bank anymore, used to server tjem and few other garages alot.

Back