Mot :(

Simonh

Midlands Rep
i thought it was soon. i checked the old papers this morning. 18th june 2009 ...i was like :O rang the garage and its just gone in :) so happy about that. exhaust is blowing but im not sure if it will fail on anything :( lets see what happens

cheers i think ill know by 4pm...so ill post up results...if it fails what do i do? my first mot? do i rebook it in

Think they say you've got 5 days or something, places will differ.

Some places may not let you take it away without having to pay for another full test.

You have 14days (10working days) from the date of the mot to fix and bring the car back, they will not charge you for a re-test

I always get mine done by a family friend who is a mechanic, he checks it all out and does any work before it goes in then give it back to me.

I drop it off in the morning he drops it off in the afternoon :D

well guys ....failed :(

major exhaust leak and boot cv joint.

repairs being done today so no worries :)

few advisorys tho...4 advosiries for the sills :S not considered exsessive though
one for the battery

What advisory was on the battery?

You can have it totally unhooked and floating about in the engine bay and they still cant do anything as its not part of the mot...

If you have an advisory on the sills I would recommend geting them remedied asap.

My 1.0LX recently failed this year on excessive corrosion on both sills and interestingly failed the emissions on fast idle, however the pesky gits didn't even bother to include the emissions printout so I could see what it failed on. I guess they just think people are not interested in that kind of thing and will just send it to a garage for silly repairs. Only thing I could see was last years with the lambda at 1.03, showing it was a tad lean or had a slight leak.

More importantly, it passed last year......to be honest I think they must had overlooked the sills as they tend to partially corrode rather than suddenly go in one year......especially to the extent of mine, (two large 8" x 1.5" holes on either side!!).

All fixed now though, £136+vat for both sills, so hoping it will go through on the re-test. New lambda sensor and a bit of the old Forte in the tank.

Back