Mot fail

Wanting some advice please.
We live near Leeds and our much loved 2000 Micra has failed MOT due to rear lower suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded ( both sides), and needs an exhaust. Also emissions Lamda reading, which they said would be rectified with an exhaust.
The garage we took it to does not do welding, but has said to expect to pay £500 to get it through mot.
We have owned the car for 4 years, and it has always been 100% reliable.
Do you think its worth repairing, or am I better off getting rid, and if so what can I expect to get for it? Its in pretty good nick for its age and has done about 50,000 miles.

Wanting some advice please.
We live near Leeds and our much loved 2000 Micra has failed MOT due to rear lower suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded ( both sides), and needs an exhaust. Also emissions Lamda reading, which they said would be rectified with an exhaust.
The garage we took it to does not do welding, but has said to expect to pay £500 to get it through mot.
We have owned the car for 4 years, and it has always been 100% reliable.
Do you think its worth repairing, or am I better off getting rid, and if so what can I expect to get for it? Its in pretty good nick for its age and has done about 50,000 miles.
If you're handy with a spanner you culd probably do it your self.

Maybe some local members on here could lend a hand? :)

Can't believe the prices given on here for a bit of welding :eek: no way would you pay that for a bit of metal melting down here.
Get another price, or prices.

I think the car is history. A mate has looked at it and says the rear axle is corroded and that he wouldn't recommend welding it. He thinks it needs a new axle :((
So think I will be forced to scrap it!

Back