MOT!!! help!!!!!!!!

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
took the new SS in for an MOT today.... it FAILED!!!! ARGH!!

actually its not that bad.. it failed cause the led's i put in the side lights are blueish.. so thats easy.. and also the exhaust hanging bracket is rusted through. on my old K10 the exhaust bracket was a part of the exhaust itself. on this is a different bit all together! its like a big clip that grips the exhaust and has bits sticking out for the rubber hanging bits.. I think this is specific to the SS or the ECC 1.2's. does anyone know where to get them from, just the bracket, and fast! i have 10 days to fix it or i have to pay for a full retest!

thanks guys and gals!!

could always give local nissan dealer a ring (if you havent already) my local has always had a part that ive needed!!

nissan dealers charge nissan prices!! i am pretty handy at bodging things, and i have a welder!! my plan is to weld the bits of the strap that are good to the exhaust and then cut the rest of the strap off. then it will look like a normal exhaust with the bits welded on it. :)

Super S exhausts brackets / mounting points are no different to standard ones.

They are different to all the non emissions cars. I would loop a perforated strip under the exhaust and secure either end to the rubbers.

Strange, the exhaust on my super s had the same mounts etc as my non emission micra!

No worries. I ordered the WHOLE rear section of the exhaust system for 4.99 off ebay! hehe GRAND!! so wack that on and bobs yer uncle. then with the old piping i will clean it up and have a little play with the back box :)

Im on about the mounts if you'd read the above.

Edit - just read it back and it wasnt crystal clear that's what i meant! so edited the original post.

Back