Mot question

Just had my MOT for my 1300cc K11 micra

it failed mainly on the emissions and lambdar sensor

I have a janspeed downpipe....janspeed sport cat.....janspeed middle section....jap style rear box.

It was 0.7 i believe and i shuld be 0.3...(correct me on the figures) :doh::doh:

He said i can fit a stock cat and rear box and should be fine

what have you lot done to pass emissions with similar mods to me?

Help will be gratefull i have 2 weeks left of my current mot

Have you got a K&N fitted? I had nothing but problems with emissions on my Almera with a 57i induction kit!

I know someone who owns a place that does MOTs :grinning:

Just says to me "I'll pass your MOT, because I know that as soon as you get home, you're going to put both cats back on and a standard backbox, and your legal numberplates."

(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

One that will put the emmisions test nozzle up the car in the bay next door "by accident" :p

I've always been told by an old sage of such things (he has over a hundred cars - some barned but more than you would epect road worthy - lots are mundane and unusual or very rare, with a smattering of exotica) that you should book the first MOT of the day - 8:30 ish, because Vosa dont start work until 9/9:30 so the tester is more likely to allow borderline fails through.

Sports cats arent the best for getting through an MOT. I bet if you just swapped back to standard cat, you will pass.

well im running a Ga16 Airbox and green cotton filter also..............Maybe i should borrow my brothers standard air box and filter for that day?

I also did have the first MOT of the day @ 9am when they opened.

Hopefully putting most things back to stock should bring the emmisions down to their level :(

Back