MOT Time

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Well it's that time of year again when I brick it! The car's going in on Friday for it's MOT. I spent yesterday taking off the 4-2-1 Manifold and replacing it with a nice quiet CAT.

Do you think just having the primary cat is enough to pass an emissions test? I have got the 2nd cat but can't be bothered to put it on!

I can't see anything wrong with the car but I am still bricking it! hehe.

I hate MOTs. There's so much to remember that sometimes i wonder if i'm qualified to do the job meself! :doh:

Emissions is my favourite as my missus puts out out more methane than the car puts out CO2.....and it's every bloody year too!
"I'm sorry it's a fail because of the emissions"....
....have you seen the amount of pollution a single decker Bus puts out?....who's kidding who? Emissions?...pah! As far as i'm concerned if my car isn't billowing smoke out of the tailpipe then it's a pass....who concocts up these CO2 levels anyway? Probably an idea some backroom white coller worker came up with at lunchtime.....:suspect:

365 days......£50 for an MOT.....365 days.....a bit of paper....365 days.....not alot is it?

I think the MOT should be £10 unless your car warrants work being done to it. The Vehicle in question would not be allowed to leave the premises except on the back of a lorry and taken to the nearest mechanically minded garage @ £35 per hour until the work has been completed. After you have paid the Garage you would then receive your MOT certificate but would also be very much out of pocket due to not keeping the Car in a road worthy condition. If you don't look after it and can't be bothered to fix stuff then you should pay for it.... wouldn't that be fair? :)

I suppose i should be thankful i don't get charged for my renewal letter......or do i? fwn

The K11's should pass with just the secondary CAT and holding the rev's as close to 3000rpm as possible, no need to change the manifold :)

Back