MOT Failure...

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
I am not a happy bunny!

Bubble went in for her MOT on Saturday and came back with a fail :down:

Failed on both front discs being rusty as she sits quiet for so long now; number plate light (which worked fine once it got a smack...) and... surprise, surprise, the sill is rusty!
Apparently the MOT tester (who wasn't my dad's mate grr) prodded the sill a bit (which I knew was a bit rusty already), and a hole the size of a fist appeared!

Also got an advisory on the number plate being cracked, even though it's been like that for 3 years!

I suppose it was a good thing that it was a different MOT tester, as I guarantee the rest of it wouldn't have been picked up.
Now shes currently sitting at my parents house until the end of this week :down:

Ouch! Sorry to hear that! The loose connection on the number plate light can be fixed.

The front discs will obviously need replacing,failing that goto a scrap yard?

Is it the WHOLE sill thats gone or just in places?

Well my dad has replaced the discs with brand new ones and put a new bulb in for the number plate, which should hopefully sort it! :grinning:

It's not the whole sill luckily, just a hole in the bottom behind the drivers door. Phew! If it was the whole sill, I don't think I would bother with keeping the car!

doesn't sound too bad, i put a fiat tipo in for an mot that looked solid and it came back from the mot with big holes in the floorpan, you could touch the seats from outside.

Hope so 1ucy! :grinning:
she's still relaxing on my parents' drive for now though!

ps sorry mods for putting this in the wrong section... :blush:

i know a guy who can do sill repairs for £35 ;) did my sills and they are looking nice :D

1ucy> she'll have a better tan than me before I know it! :laugh:

NeX> Ohhhh I may be interested! We've been quoted £75 :down: I think my dad has already organised it though, so could be too late!
Get on msn!

1ucy> she'll have a better tan than me before I know it! :laugh:

NeX> Ohhhh I may be interested! We've been quoted £75 :down: I think my dad has already organised it though, so could be too late!
Get on msn!

lol i am on MSN now and again ;) sometimes offline tho,

well it depends on how bad it is, i paid 95 i think for both my sills, but they are done so that they wont go wrong again and the guy had to do a 700mm plate on one side which is why it cost a little more.

£75 is pretty good.... :)

The friend that repaired mine still took over 2 hours to do it, and that cost me £50 at friends rates.

Back